• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparison between Gen and Rep IWC Clasp

rockstardc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/2/14
Hi guys,

I just got my rep IWC clasp for the 3717, so here it is in a side by side comparison in case anyone was wondering how they compare.

The day and dates don't look aligned but this was just because it was nearing 11pm and it was about to start changing. BTW this is a gen 3717.

So I just got a kevlar looking strap with the rep clasp, on the left is the gen crocodile strap with gen clasp

The gen is on the top, the IWC engraving for both are pretty shallow and look similar. Hoever, the feel of the gen is more solid. it doesn't move around side to side that much.

The gen is on the left, rep on right. The satin finish of the gen is way better. Also to note, the embossed wordings in the gen are also satin finish whereas the rep words are not satin finished but of a stainless steel finish. Also near the end of the clasp the gen has wordings "Swiss Made Stainless Steel" which is missing from the rep.

Gen is on the left, from the back they look pretty much the same.

One thing to note is that the curvature of the clasp seems to be more curved in the gen compared to the rep (rep feels "flatter" than the gen). At the end of the day, this is a $400 vs $30 clasp and tbh, I really regret spending that type of money on a gen clasp (this was way before I knew about this amazing forum). Hope this review helps you guys out!

thewatchfan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/4/12
I posted a question about this on RG and was about the to do the same here. This Is awesome. Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk