• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Purchase

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
Not looking for advise at this point.

I am posting to make others aware of communication, Quality Control and shipping issues I have been experiencing. I wish I had a better experience to report.

Mr Brooks Lex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/20
I am sorry to inform you that these are not ‘issues’, they are simply expected bumps in the road of ordering and receiving replica watches. I find it unlikely that anyone here will interpret you stamping your feet as providing a much needed service to new buyers as this is what most accept are possibilities in the process. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
So, no communication on shipping delays/customs issues, a QC process which takes 10 days, and then (after all that) to expect a watch which is shipped w/o any QC pictures are all part of the process. This makes no sense.

Why even do QC if you are going to ultimately ship some random watch? Seriously.

Potential buyers need to know these things are 'part of the process' before ordering.

Last edited:

robertchampagne

Horology Curious
17/6/20
So, no communication on shipping delays/customs issues, a QC process which takes 10 days, and then (after all that) to expect a watch which is shipped w/o any QC pictures are all part of the process. This makes no sense.

Why even do QC if you are going to ultimately ship some random watch? Seriously.

Potential buyers need to know these things are 'part of the process' before ordering.

You do know you're purchasing a counterfeit item, correct? This isn't amazon and you being an asshole doesn't help anything. Do what you want since you don't want our "advise" lol

Reactions: Mr Brooks Lex

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
You do know you're purchasing a counterfeit item, correct? This isn't amazon and you being an asshole doesn't help anything. Do what you want since you don't want our "advise" lol

When you cannot rationally answer the question of why have QA pictures when the vendor is just going to mail a random watch, you resort to name calling. Sounds about right.

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
Because it's likely your watch (just like mine) was sent back to him and NOT confiscated. Myself and a few others experienced this, but it's literally due to the fact that they are checking packages in HK to ensure that PPE isn't sent out of the country, but all it takes is one watch to be seen before they keep a close eye on things like this, which also seems to be the case. Ryan is going to send you the exact same watch you saw in the pictures he's sent unless he's specifically said they took the watch, in which case they would order you a new one and do the control pictures over again.

They are simply waiting for a safe time to send it through customs. Be patient.

I hope you are correct. You make a good point. Ryan could very well be sending the same package. He was kind of vague in that regard. I hope that is the case here. Thanks for your input Robert. Much appreciated!

Last edited:

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
Ryan told me the orig watch was not confiscated, but returned. He to reship same QC approved watch. Received new DHL tracking number this morning. This one is originating in a neighboring country, not Hong Kong. This is a relief given all the bad news regarding relations between China/HK/USA.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Brooks Lex

robertchampagne

Horology Curious
17/6/20
Ryan told me the orig watch was not confiscated, but returned. He to reship same QC approved watch. Received new DHL tracking number this morning. This one is originating in a neighboring country, not Hong Kong. This is a relief given all the bad news regarding relations between China/HK/USA.

Lol I literally told you that it would be the case. Glad it worked out. Mine just got a new tracking number originating out of singapore this morning too! Show us pics when you get yours!

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
Yep. You were certainly correct Robert. Thanks for putting my mind at ease. Are you in the US? If so, what is the approx ETA after clearing customs? Is there any w/ this covid non-sense?

Looks like mine cleared customs today. Singapore, back to HK.

DHL UPDATE: "Clearance processing complete at HONG KONG - HONG KONG"

Iceman_X

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
6/6/20
Finally have watch in hand. Very happy w/ the quality -top-notch!

Order took 1 month and two days from order to having it in hand.

Bracelet and everything about the watch looks good. Top quality.

My hat is off to Ryan. My earlier doubts were misplaced. Good job Ryan.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Just received an email from Ryan. Three days after complaining my order has not shipped (2+ wks after QC approved), he told me my order was being 'reshipped.' He offered no explanation of what happened to the first package and made no mention of new QC pictures. I guess he just shipped another one sight unseen. I have no desire to go through that QC process again and just want my money refunded.

QC was a needlessly tedious process since the bare minimum number of pictures were initially provided. Getting add'l pictures was like pulling teeth. Each picture request also had a 48 hr turn-around window. And then without explanation they put another watch in the mix b/c 'something was wrong with the crystal'. So, the whole process had to be restarted with minimum pics.

I am not sure who wrote the above. Maybe you are Ryan's brother-in-law here to run cover for him or maybe you are a real customer, I don't know, but my experience with Ryan has not been a positive one. I simply want a refund at this point and told him that.

I have bought about 4 grand of watches from Ryan, I will trust him long before I trust you. You appear to be too high maintenance for this hobby. Ryan is one of the best and has been here a long time.

Last edited:

Mr Brooks Lex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/20
Finally have watch in hand. Very happy w/ the quality -top-notch!

Order took 1 month and two days from order to having it in hand.

Bracelet and everything about the watch looks good. Top quality.

My hat is off to Ryan. My earlier doubts were misplaced. Good job Ryan.

So 32 messages later of stamping your feet, getting spoon-fed things you could have researched yourself, refusing to acknowledge that you overreacted and not thinking “I’ll just ask Ryan instead of slamming him online to everyone”, you get your precious watch. Enjoy it. But if I was Ryan, I’d have strong reservations about taking your money again. You went against what this community stands for and its sad you then say ‘good job Ryan’ at the end like he ‘came good for you in the end’. A month from order to delivery? Count yourself lucky, and have some respect next time, this is someones business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JonnyGlesso69