• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Explorer 1 214270 - nice watch, nice experience

csr

Horology Curious
25/8/19
This is my first experience ordering from a TD and using PP F+F.

From start to finish, the transaction took 12 days from placing the order to receiving the watch in the UK via EMS.

Ordering
I originally went for credit card payment which initially seemed to work (01-DEC). I got an order confirmation pretty quickly. A couple of hours after that I got a CCV failure from the bank. Seems the credit card gateway might be manual. I waited a day before getting an email from intime that the transition had failed offering me F+F which I took - first time I have used this service so was a little tentative in taking that offer.

QC
QA photos came though in 3 days after the F+F transaction had completed. The quality of the photos wasn’t great particularly in close up, so I asked for more and these turned up the following day. I then approved the watch on the 06-DEC.

Delivery
According to the tracking number, the delivery process started on the 09-DEC and I received the item on 14-DEC in the UK without any issues.

Comms
In general comms were good, but with time zone differences there was a day between emails. I also received comms via the site and via Ryan personal email which was a little disjointed as if I was talking to more than one person (maybe I was) but they were not talking together so it became confusing and you didn’t know who knew what and ended up repeating yourself. That could be improved.

The actual watch
This isn’t my first rep (I have an indeterminate 36mm Explorer and a better ish Milgauss) but its the first I’ve bought in this way (and paid much more for) but I was expecting a lot. And I wasn’t disappointed. This is a really really nice watch.

Accuracy
I’ve only had it 24 hours but its running about +6 seconds with general wear so pleased with that.

Lume
What really surprised me was the quality of the lume; it literally lasted the whole night and was still legible by dark adjusted eyes at 6am.

So, BP Explorer 1 214270 - nice watch, nice experience. Next up, looking for an Air King.

Hope this is useful.

csr

Horology Curious
25/8/19
Of course a photo. This is the delivered watch before pulling all the wrapping off.

Reactions: nest1

*kermit*

Looking Around
28/10/19
Of course a photo. This is the delivered watch before pulling all the wrapping off.

Hi csr, how is your experience with the BP? Are you still happy with the BP? I think its a good Choice, i would like to have one too...

csr

Horology Curious
25/8/19
Still awesome. I've worn it nearly every day mid-December.

A few findings since then;

I love wearing it.
Weight feels good.
The lume lasts 7/8 hours - not sure if its gen colour or not - still, it works really well.
Not tested the waterproofness. I have a more accurate Casio for that ;-)
The snap adjuster thingy on the bracelet works really well is an exact match for the different radii in my wrists.
The A2824 is consistently running 30 seconds fast, from the 10 seconds or so when originally received.
The screw down crown plays up a bit and requires a bit of patience sometimes.
The diameter of the O ring seal behind the back is too small so not much confidence its stlill in place when putting the back on (opened for a look around, regulation and to add silicon to o ring).