• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Must Checkout on Site ?

yahooking

Horology Curious
22/9/17
Hi guys, do we have to create a account on the site to checkout ? I am worried regarding server raids and stored payment info and delivery address.

ACL-REP

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/5/19
Seattle, WA
Hi guys, do we have to create a account on the site to checkout ? I am worried regarding server raids and stored payment info and delivery address.

Being in the web/data business, I can tell you that even if you checkout as a "guest" on a website, your name and address are still stored on their server. It has to be so they know what to ship and where to ship it and so they have a record of what they shipped and where they shipped it. (and since most smaller companies use shared servers, that means your data is duplicated on other drives/servers automatically in case of drive failure)

The reason for creating an account on any shopping site is simply to save time if you plan to go back to their site to shop again or look up order information. It's for your convenience (and of course they hope you will possibly be a return customer if it's easy to shop there again) Conversely, the only reason not to create an account is if you're in too much of a hurry to create a password, etc.

That said, I don't think you have to worry about Chinese officials following the trail to folks who purchased individual watches for their own use. Now if someone is purchasing many watches for resale, that changes everything.

Hope this helps.

Have a good one.

ACL