• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Have I been scammed?

Paul66

Horology Curious
4/10/18
Hi, all.

So after much debating i took the plunge and ordered a Rolex 36mm DJ from
https://www.intime03.co

30/9 - placed the order through there website, I opted for bank wire transfer.

1/10 - got an email of Ryan with the bank wire details and the total amount with 5 percent discount because it was bank wiring, the amount was 392.35 USD.

So I use my bank which is Santander online, I'm from the UK.

Seemed all fine as the email details, matched the details with the message within the website.

4/10 - on the order details it still says "awaiting bank wire payment" so I thought ok these things take a bit of time.

Here's the interesting part.

I check my email inbox.

I get a email "supposedly" from intime

The email address is [email protected]

They have also somehow found out the amount I have sent and my full name!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

Thanks for your bank payment, however, We have received only $ 373.07 and your order total amount should be $ 392.35 , please top up the difference $ 19 by PayPal.The PayPal payment amount for your order is:

US$ 19

!! Important !!

Just leave the PayPal payment title & note blank.

(Please don't mention any about RWI / RG / RWG or any brand name/replica/buying watches ...etc in payment title or note)

In order to complete the Paypal payment, please visit this website for accessories:
[[ADMIN REDACTED]]

Once you are on the website, you will see different amounts. Just select the items and quantities in such a way that

their total amount is the same for the total amount needed for your real order.

Note: The website has been specially designed to prove Paypal that we work with generic merchandise (no-brand items),

which will help us conduct our business in a more stable environment. Your cooperation has been highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot

InTimeWatch Payment Team

Best Regards,

IMPORTANT - We have switched to the new domain. WWW.INTIME03.CO

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Hi, all.

So after much debating i took the plunge and ordered a Rolex 36mm DJ from
https://www.intime03.co

30/9 - placed the order through there website, I opted for bank wire transfer.

1/10 - got an email of Ryan with the bank wire details and the total amount with 5 percent discount because it was bank wiring, the amount was 392.35 USD.

So I use my bank which is Santander online, I'm from the UK.

Seemed all fine as the email details, matched the details with the message within the website.

4/10 - on the order details it still says "awaiting bank wire payment" so I thought ok these things take a bit of time.

Here's the interesting part.

I check my email inbox.

I get a email "supposedly" from intime

The email address is [email protected]

They have also somehow found out the amount I have sent and my full name!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi

Thanks for your bank payment, however, We have received only $ 373.07 and your order total amount should be $ 392.35 , please top up the difference $ 19 by PayPal.The PayPal payment amount for your order is:

US$ 19

!! Important !!

Just leave the PayPal payment title & note blank.

(Please don't mention any about RWI / RG / RWG or any brand name/replica/buying watches ...etc in payment title or note)

In order to complete the Paypal payment, please visit this website for accessories:

Once you are on the website, you will see different amounts. Just select the items and quantities in such a way that

their total amount is the same for the total amount needed for your real order.

Note: The website has been specially designed to prove Paypal that we work with generic merchandise (no-brand items),

which will help us conduct our business in a more stable environment. Your cooperation has been highly appreciated!

Thanks a lot

InTimeWatch Payment Team

Best Regards,

IMPORTANT - We have switched to the new domain. WWW.INTIME03.CO

No scam, exchange rates fluctuate and what the TD receives may be less than what you manually calculate. I have used Ryan a few times and always great comms A TD for a reason, be patient.

Reactions: fatine

Paul66

Horology Curious
4/10/18
Is this legit, I am very confused and to ask me to pay the remainder amount through a website with PayPal ....

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Is this legit, I am very confused and to ask me to pay the remainder amount through a website with PayPal ....

It is pretty simple, you owe a balance and you have been asked to pay via PayPal

Paul66

Horology Curious
4/10/18
I came here for a little bit of advice because I am new to this, so I thought I would ask on the forum.

Sorry that I asked.

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I came here for a little bit of advice because I am new to this, so I thought I would ask on the forum.

Sorry that I asked.

You are fine, bro.
Intime03 is the correct website, and due to the currency fluctuation, your payment became less; so they asked you to pay the remainder via a phony website using paypal.
The reason why they do that is to save you some money from a high wire transfer fee and to prevent paypal blocking intime account.

Paul66

Horology Curious
4/10/18
I was just wary about it, but thank you for clearing it up for me I appreciate it.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I was just wary about it, but thank you for clearing it up for me I appreciate it.

One more thing: it's currently a holiday week in China, and there may be delays in responding to any inquiries, confirming payments or providing QC pics or tracking number for a package.
Be patient.

Wraithier

19/6/16
As others have said you have nothing to worry about. I've dealt with InTime many times and this is their normal process.

Hope you enjoy your first purchase!

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
I had an overpayment of nearly 200 USD. I over paid because I too am new to this but did not want a delay. I used that extra money for another watch, the Face to Face. It was a perfect excuse that my wife only rolled her eyes when I told her. Ryan is a good guy. This new watch is my 4th from IT.

Been happy with all 4. Oh, IT is now using DHL to US and that has reduced the shipping by at least a week. Order went through right after the holiday, 4 Oct. DHL says watch should arrive the 9th of Oct.

Me so happy. Good luck and we all understand the fear of a scam. You hit a trusted dealer, so like hitting the lotto except you won't be famous, get rich, or have family members that hate start being nice.

efajri

17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
I think you're not supposed to post QC pics in the forum. Read the rules before you start posting.

If he asked public or other members to decide for him then it would be a problem.
I think he just wanted to show off what he ordered or to show that his payment went through since he thought he was scammed.

Paul66

Horology Curious
4/10/18
Yup that's exactly right efajri, i posted them to say how quick and efficient intime was, and to say that it was not a scam.

​​​

Reactions: fatine and Maron

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Mate you were right to ask but please, don't publish the link to the payment site! PP can read ya know . . .