• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V6 HBB Review

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
After spending a fortune with a well-known TD on what was supposedly the best Big Bang rep by a mile made by H factory??? I went for their advice and purchased this watch as it was reassuringly more expensive than the rest of the pack… Boy was I wrong! What a disaster! The thing fell to pieces and was a POS

I have since purchased three V6 versions, and all I can say is WOW. Okay there are some close-up tells such as the engraving on the rotor the number of teeth or whatever you call them on the bezel. But considering this watch is based on the 7750 movement in the first place it makes for an extremely passable replica even side-by-side with Gen it is very hard for the untrained eye to tell the difference.

One of the things I don’t like about the V6 or any of the reps is that one of the plates that holds the small screws just above the crown is made from plastic and cheap plastic at that. The original was made from ceramic.

The only thing that I found you need to do is tighten the screws when you receive the watch as nine times out of 10 they are loose. V6 SEEM to have changed their gluing on the rubber pads that start and stop the chronograph as well as the crown. Reliability wise apart from a crazy rotor that seems to spin out 1 million miles an hour the time I reckon along with N00b Sub-Mariners these make the most plausible usable reps out there. I am making this statement based on the fact that the original uses the 7750 movement.

Recently I was talking to somebody in the Hublot Boutique in London, and they implied that Hublot is not moving forward with the Big Bang/King Power. But with more watches based on in-house movements that are far more complicated. I guess because the replicas are so good it’s bashing their sales. Second-hand prices for Hublot Big Bangs are very poor this suggests to me the high quality of these replicas is affecting the prestige of the brand and this particular watch.

I got the blue magic and put one of Donerix’s amazing straps on it now it pops. Okay it’s heavily understated, and it’s pretty much impossible to read the time in anything but bright daylight, but it looks the business…

Reliability wise I have found that these hold their charge very well and appear to be extremely reliable.

Here are some pictures of my V6 replicas.

IMG_20170102_133821.jpg

IMG_20170102_133655.jpg

IMG_20170102_133549.jpg

IMG_20170102_133708.jpg

IMG_20170102_133743.jpg

IMG_20170102_133756.jpg

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Nice collection. I have the CF Big Bang and it's the only one I've not let go of. I've had a bunch of V6 Big Bangs including the All Black & Blue, SS, Ice Bang, and even the tourbillon.

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Also, I believe your assumptions about the connecting plate being ceramic are incorrect. On the gens they are plastic as well - if you look at gen photos you can see they are not matte ceramic.

goldman555

Known Member
4/8/16
Interesting about the connecting plate not being ceramic. I did not know that. From the feel of the gen it appears to be a more hard type material maybe it's a different type of plastic. The plastic on the V6 in my opinion looks and feels cheap. But now I'm really being nitpicky.

Thanks for your thoughts

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Yeah, never handled a gen Big Bang that closely. I know from me changing parts on my older V6 Big Bangs the plastic on that piece was pretty cheap - but it just shows how much it costs Hublot to develop a watch if China can make a watch 99% the same for hundreds of dollars.

jluisorozco69

30/4/16
Great collection, congrats. Regarding the Big Bang, I bought a rep and what makes me wonder about its accuracy to gen is the thickness. I think that gens are 14mm whereas the reps are around 16.5mm. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcarter

RWIer
12/6/16
Great collection, congrats. Regarding the Big Bang, I bought a rep and what makes me wonder about its accuracy to gen is the thickness. I think that gens are 14mm whereas the reps are around 16.5mm. What do you guys think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wonder the same. Bought a big bang RG but "scratched on arrival". Waiting for a replacement from TD.

I've handled a gen big bang in rose gold, couldn't get a chance to compare the thickness but they turn out to weight about the same. The gen is a bit heavier. The rotor and the bearing is a tell, but then again, you'll have to put them side by side to notice the difference.

jcarter

RWIer
12/6/16
Interesting about the connecting plate not being ceramic. I did not know that. From the feel of the gen it appears to be a more hard type material maybe it's a different type of plastic. The plastic on the V6 in my opinion looks and feels cheap. But now I'm really being nitpicky.

Thanks for your thoughts
The plastic does look a bit like ceramic, it has a bit of shine to it. It would be nice to source the gen part.

JayVdka

Horology Curious
17/1/17
Hey, new to this forum. Can someone direct me to a reputable TD to purchase a couple V6 Big Bang watches.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

jrodtx99

Renowned Member
5/12/14
Hey, new to this forum. Can someone direct me to a reputable TD to purchase a couple V6 Big Bang watches.

Sent from the RWI mobile app
Welcome to a great forum. Start reading up on the TD's here: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forums/trusted-replica-dealers.168/

You will quickly see that a few of them can be a resource for the HBB's. Then start reaching out with pictures and specifics to one (or more) of the TD's until you like what you hear and pull the trigger.

JLFast

12/1/17
Great thread and killer collection! Thank you for sharing your insight. I bought from a non trusted dealer before I discovered this site last week, and my Big Bang hasn't even arrived yet.... Looks like I'll be picking up one of these!

T-Bird01

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/16
Thanks for the helpful review. Really want to pull the trigger on one of these but I've heard that clasp can dig into your wrists. How do you find the clasp to be? Any good replacement straps that go well with the rose gold version.

D

d4m.test

Those all look really good, I've been searching for a rep vs gen RG big bang. I'm curious to see how close the coloring is...

darknite

Renowned Member
24/3/17
Awesome collection, as much flak as hublot gets it is one watch I regret selling. It got the most compliments and one the Stainless Ice Bang the brushing looks amazing! Enjoy them!