• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Welcome aboard. GRAHAM London The Review............................................

FMALDONADOG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/1/12
Graham-London

dibujocopia.jpg

GRAHAM its origins begin in London, the clockmaker George Graham (1673-1751) who was responsible for many innovations in watchmaking .. He invented the chronograph, the exhaust cylinder dead-beat, the pendulum of mercury to compensate for temperature differences, etc. ..
He also built the master clock of the Royal Greenwich Observatory, which defines the time most of the eighteenth century.
111P1010214.jpg

GRAHAM-London was resurrected in 1995 and is now a private company owned by the Anglo-Swiss watch company that designs and builds its own clocks in the La Chaux-de-Fonds in Switzerland
Chronographs BOMBING OR COUNTDOWN:
These pieces were used primarily in multi-crew aircraft, in combination with bomb sights. Primarily manufactured in Switzerland, were used by air forces of several countries .... Italy, France, Great Britain ...
bombardeoavion.jpg

The planes were used to drop bombs for the first time even before the First World War. In previous colonial wars, someone already came up throwing grenades and other explosives on the Indians, but the bombing itself, appears in the Great War.
avion.jpg

These experiences show that the certainty of reaching a target from different altitudes and speeds should not be left to the instinct of the crew. They are developed optical instruments and chronographs for use together, installed in aircraft or in a wristwatch.
Manufactured by many major brands, left to right and from top to bottom, Minerva, Universal, Leonidas, Breitling and Zenith.
bombardeo.jpg

The most important of these pieces is that changed direction after a second press of the trigger button (function "countdown"). The rotating bezel has a luminous triangular marker. Initiates a second hand account of seconds in the direction of clockwise to pull the trigger button once. To start the countdown, press it twice, so the needle goes in the opposite direction clockwise and can apply the scale of distances. The other button present in most clocks, is to reset.
111P1010195.jpg

Member, welcome aboard ..... Londons GRAHAM is on a mission .... "A long flight back to its roots " Today's destination is, Fortress Chronofighter.

111P1010197.jpg

La Fortaleza Chronofighter pays tribute to the clocks used by the crews of RAF Bomber Command.
111P1010213.jpg

A tribute to these "chronograph to ritorno", or at least a whole crown and pushers, is undoubtedly the Chronofighter Graham

Rep. Graham Chronofighter Oversize Diver

111P1010182.jpg

Movimiento: Asia 7750 movimiento cronógrafo automático en 28.800
Caja: acero 316L
Diámetro: 47 mm
Espesor: 17,5mm
Fondo: roscado de acero
Cristal: Zafiro con doble AR
Esfera: negra con C3 Súper Luminova naranja Aplicada sobre los marcadores y blanco en agujas
Correa: Heroic 18 marron oscuro con pespunte blanco ( del amigo Ibrid )
Cierre: Buckle heroic 18

Rep. Graham Chronofighter Oversize Silver Dial

111P1010178.jpg

Movimiento: [/B]Asia 7750 movimiento cronógrafo automático en 28.800
Caja: acero 316L
Diámetro: 46mm
Espesor: 17mm
Fondo: roscado de acero
Cristal: Zafiro con doble AR
Esfera: plateada con C3 Súper Luminova blanca Aplicada sobre los marcadores y agujas
Correa: encargo a artesano José María
http://replik.as/showthread.php?27280-Tenemos-nuevo-artesano-en-correas..........................
Cierre: Buckle Graham

111P1010135-3.jpg

111P1010147-2.jpg

In the beginning, the timers used by the flight crew were just great watches strapped to their jackets. However, they were vital pieces of equipment used to track the flight plans and air strikes.
111P1010200.jpg

111P1010199.jpg

111P1010196.jpg

111P1010175.jpg

These watches had to be trusted to airmen, a matter of life or death. They were recognized for their reliability and accuracy. These watches had to work on top of a world of adrenaline and emotion, where freezing temperatures prevailed in the supreme heights.
111P1010150.jpg

111P1010159.jpg

111P1010152.jpg

111P1010157.jpg

Were operated by men wearing leather jackets and gloves filled with large wrinkles, strapped to their seats, while confined to a flight deck in combat. And at night, on night missions, in the dim glow of the instruments of their cabins.

111P1010194.jpg

111P1010189.jpg

111P1010198.jpg

More than enough reasons to design and develop a specific system to activate the chronograph without fail - the result was the famous lever Graham.

111P1010201.jpg

111P1010204.jpg

111P1010202.jpg

The lever is a device that allows the crew member using the stopwatch intuitively under stress, while having his thick gloves shoes. It is a failsafe system that does not distract the user from the vital task, because the lever on the left is achieved effortlessly with the right hand. With the thumb starts and stops the stopwatch. The result is precise timing.

111P1010206.jpg

111P1010164.jpg

111P1010166.jpg

111P1010161-1.jpg

We've reached cruising altitude. Through the window, you can examine a real clock that remembers these times. Set in a leather bomber jacket

111P1010128-2.jpg

111P1010131-2.jpg

With the eyes of a hawk, this instrument embodies a part-time in the history of British aviation. As the fuselage of a flying fortress, the box presents a subtle mix of brushed and polished, playing with light and with the legend.

111P1010179.jpg

111P1010133-2.jpg

111P1010169.jpg

Thanks for reading ....

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
:thumbsup:
Beautiful pics !

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Great pics my friend... Graham looks awesome on leather!!! I will forward them to a friend of mine... Thanks for sharing!!!

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hola
Como en los demás thread me dejan imprecsionado tus fotografías
Enhorabuena!!
Ya me dirás algunos "trucos".
Saludos
ALE

OSERRA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/10/11
completisimo, si señor.
un verdadero placer.

saludos y respeto

pd. empiezo mi turno de noche

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Great review mate, must have taken a while to write up (those crownguards are still terrible though!).

frodostar

I'm Pretty Popular
7/10/10
Hola
Como en los demás thread me dejan imprecsionado tus fotografías
Enhorabuena!!
Ya me dirás algunos "trucos".
Saludos
ALE

Ill have 7 and some cheesecake :biglaugh:
great pics and review mate i saw some other review you did and have to say your camera skills are sublime!
Ale, its a joke my friend if your not getting my english humour, us Brits (well some,including me) are a little narrow minded, in most of us only speak our native tongue, i take my hat off to all you guys who speak fantastic english and have better punctuation and grammar than i.

Great review mate, must have taken a while to write up (those crownguards are still terrible though!).

Hi bones, whats the Achilles heel with the crownguards? ,i read ages ago that the first versions had the black writing RESET which was sorted in v2 have they no advanced these crown guards.?
thanks mate.

PKNutsy

Renowned Member
26/3/12
Great Post, Great review and stunning pics.

Spot on and thanks for posting.

Steelfish

Hǝɐpᴉᴎƃ ꓭɐɔʞ ᗡoʍᴎ Ոᴎpǝᴙ
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
Bloody awesome review on one of my all-time favourite watch brands.
4_19_21.gif

I've always particularly liked........

111P1010150.jpg

........one of the very few watches I'd spend $300+ on.
respect-051.gif

rancilio

Horology Curious
16/10/12
The sub dials in this white/silver one are different from gen, am I correct? In gen all the markings are white, right?

111P1010178.jpg

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
The sub dials in this white/silver one are different from gen, am I correct? In gen all the markings are white, right?

I hope it is accurate to gen. This is the one I just ordered from Torobravos. I had changed it from the black dial with black subdials.

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
I received my watch last week from Toro. It is a stunner in person!

Here is the pic...
ZPUy8Zb.jpg

I wanted to see if someone could address rancilio's question about this one not being accurate to gen because of the red ticks in the subdials. I tried to research it by googling it for about an hour, but all I could do was find a ton of rep sites and storefronts for it.

Does anyone know the answer to whether the gen also has the same red tickmarks in the subdial?

Thanks!

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
I wanted to see if someone could address rancilio's question about this one not being accurate to gen because of the red ticks in the subdials. I tried to research it by googling it for about an hour, but all I could do was find a ton of rep sites and storefronts for it.

Does anyone know the answer to whether the gen also has the same red tickmarks in the subdial?

Thanks!

Bump to see if any Graham enthusiasts know the answer to this. Rancilio and I would really like to know.

soze

Renowned Member
26/3/13
Thank you PKNutsy!
I appreciate you responding to my inquiry.
It looks like it's a definite for red ticks for the navy with white subdials.
I'll keep searching for the silver with black subdials.

Thanks again!

kss207rc

Known Member
5/8/12
Very nice picture and awesome watch,well done.
You made me love this diver on the brown leather strap.

Can someone post a picture of a chronofighter(preferable the diver) on the right wrist?
I am a lefty and i like to wear my watches on the right hand.