Please Help me identify this early Rolex

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Help me identify this early Rolex

Ok so my dad gave me his old Rolex as he got a newer model , thing is it’s not really my cup of tea as I don’t really suit gold.
    If anyone can shed any light as to age, type , part ex value etc I would be very very grateful.
    Thank you

Madeira Games - Nintendo’s Arch Enemy Of The 90s

There should be a serial number between the lugs. Older Rolex you can tell the date by the first letter and model number.
    My wish list:
    Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Rolex Oyster Perpetual Date 1500, produced from 1963 to 1980. Serial number will pinpojnt the exact year it was made. They're worth roughly $3K USD. Unfamiliar with the bracelet, may be aftermarket.
      Last edited by KushBandit; 26-07-20, 06:43.

Comment

Thank you , I remember my dad said the bracelet was an upgrade , it’s a genuine Rolex bracelet 100%

Comment

Here’s a couple from the bracelet too

Comment

Originally posted by MadeiraG View Post
            Here’s a couple from the bracelet too

Wow, I've never seen that particular bracelet. Very unique! I've seen many rare and antique Rolex bracelets, but this sure takes the cake.

Do you happen to have any markings or codes inside the clasp? Looks like something Gay Frères may have designed.

Comment

You should take it to your local jewellers for appraisal or try a site like watchfinder and they’ll give you the info you need.

Can your dad not give you any of the info on model number age and the bracelet etc? Seems the best bet having owned it for a Period of time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by stufuse; 27-07-20, 06:43.

Comment

Thank you for all the wonderful knowledge
                If it helps I’ve taken some more pics of the bracelet.
                Just wanting the value roughly as want to exchange for a Milgauss

Comment

Hmmmm. I'm having a difficult time finding any info about that bracelet. The watch head itself is a Rolex Date 1500. That same model, with an oyster or jubilee bracelet, are going for roughly $3K USD.

I'll keep looking for bracelet info and see what I can find.

Comment

Thank you so much , very helpful

Comment

Rolex has used in the 70's different kinds of bracelets as an addition to AirKing and Oyster Perpetual heads .
                      One of it is a Bracelet with the reference 2544 used for Air King Ref.5500 and Oyster Perpetual Ref. 1003 .It has been made by B.H. Britton & Sons Ltd. -a goldsmith company located in Birmingham , UK under Rolex licence .There is a company stamp B&S and Rolex on the clasp .

http://watchespassion.blogspot.com/2...llow-gold.html
                      Last edited by Stuvetjee; 29-07-20, 08:42.
                      WANTED: HUBLOT BIG BANG 41MM A7750. IF YOU HAVE ONE BITING DUST, PM ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Stuvetjee View Post
                        Rolex has used in the 70's different kinds of bracelets as an addition to AirKing and Oyster Perpetual heads .
                        One of it is a Bracelet with the reference 2544 used for Air King Ref.5500 and Oyster Perpetual Ref. 1003 .It has been made by B.H. Britton & Sons Ltd. -a goldsmith company located in Birmingham , UK under Rolex licence .There is a company stamp B&S and Rolex on the clasp .

http://watchespassion.blogspot.com/2...llow-gold.html
                        That’s the one , perfect , thank you all so much for the help and advice

Comment

That's actually rather a nice piece. Shame it's not the FG Air King in the above link but it's still a very nice watch with a rather unusual bracelet.

************************************************** ********
                          People always forget, the correct sequence is rape, pillage THEN burn. sfa437
                          ************************************************** *************
                          hmm - from what I know of Guanaco all he'll do is try to make the trouble more fun.... greg_r
                          ************************************************** ********
                          When you say modding, do you mean repeatedly hitting it with a hammer? Mickey Padge

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen Götter selbst vergebens

Comment

Working...
                          X