• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Youtube Video: Omega a luxury watch?

Tagster

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/10
I´m not sure if this is the correct section to post this, but this guy´s opinion took my attention and also the way he express himself.

[YOUTUBE]3hz1XltVb7U[/YOUTUBE]

I am not really agree with his opinion, maybe Omega is not as exclusive as Patek or other very expensive brands, but to suggest Rolex is a true luxury brand? come on!

Comments and opinions are more than welcome!!

Cheers mates!

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
Archie Luxury is a complete twat, who wouldn't know class if it kicked him in the face. Would you really trust a bloke with a £2.50 haircut to tell you what was or wasn't a luxury item?

Tagster

22/6/10
That is exactly my point mate: this guy´s image and way of talking makes a strong statement about his credibility and knowledge. I agree: he is a complete twat.

It is funny to watch it though.

Cheers!

MMs

I'm Pretty Popular
6/8/10
the patek in the opener is a rep.

anyway, I have a friend who's in the "gen scene" and he's declared to me that Rolex
and Omega are both out of the club and sort of looked down on now a days by the
snobs such as himself.

Tagster

22/6/10
the patek in the opener is a rep.

anyway, I have a friend who's in the "gen scene" and he's declared to me that Rolex
and Omega are both out of the club and sort of looked down on now a days by the
snobs such as himself.

I agree with that. I do not think either Rolex or Omega are on the real luxury watch market anymore.

In this days I see to many people wearing Submariners and Seamasters than before.

I think the "luxury watch" discussion should be set based on tourbillons, minute repeaters and most complications watches, not only on automatic chronometers.

Cheers!

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
Archie has taken some legendary beatdowns :beatahorse: here ..... he loves to stir things up and create drama..his opinion, while at times entertaining, is utterly worthless (imho, lol!)..

BaggyPants

Renowned Member
24/11/12
A "luxury" watch, is anything that costs more than your average every day watch that keeps good time. So, anything more expensive than a £20 quartz is a "luxury".

Tagster

22/6/10
A "luxury" watch, is anything that costs more than your average every day watch that keeps good time. So, anything more expensive than a £20 quartz is a "luxury".

I had not seen it that way... you are absolutely right!!

I think expensive watches are not longer used to just tell time but to make a status statement.

Tagster

22/6/10
I see this guy Archie is already a very well known character. :crazy:

I didn´t know him until today.

mbjoer

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/09
What a boare.
Endless repetition of a pitifully simple point.

tanknz

28/11/12
Thank f**k he doesn't endorse the Planet Ocean or Seamaster range, or I'd have to burn all my watches!! I thought he would have worn a tailored suit though!!! Muppet!!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Archie is server monkey, with all the LV and watches I doubt he reaches to a decent tailor.