• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chinese made Tourbillons

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Tourbillons are fascinating and every larger collection seems incomplete without one. So I spent a few weeks poring over the rep offerings and just didn't find one I really liked. There are indeed a ton of them, I went through Trusty's entire list several times.

I almost settled on a Richard Mille as I like the basic shape and style but nothing really clicked for me.

So I started looking at them on Ali Express and was surprised how many cool looking ones there were. Not surprisingly many of them have the same Seagull Tourby movement in them, and are likely made by the same factories that make most of the reps. Some of the non-rep Tourbies bear striking resemblances to the reps.

A lot of them have some funny names, and generally I'm a name hater on watches with very few exceptions. For example I won't wear a Rolex that also says Tiffany's or Cartier. Sorry, I'm just funny that way. So I had to toss aside a lot of the non-rep Tourbies due to funny names prominently displayed. Names like HAOFA, TSAR BOMBA, AESOP, OUPINKE, JINGLI, FIECES, etc. No, I wasn't going to buy an expensive watch that looked liked it's name is pronounced 'feces', lol.

So I found one that I thought looked pretty cool and had no name on it at all! Wow, nice that's right up my alley. And, this maker has it for what I think is a great price, especially given what most real tourbillon (rep) RM's go for. No, it doesn't say RM but c'mon who believes we have a $1.2 million watch on anyway. This is a gen and no fakery involved. Kind of nice for a change.

Anyway check it out, and look up JINLERY on Ali if interested.

https://m.aliexpress.com/store/91224...mobilestoreNew

This beauty came today. First and last pics are mine, others are from Ali ads.

jxW6uW.jpg

jxWnnP.jpg

jxW9hJ.jpg

jxWYQk.jpg

jxWqxY.jpg

jxWoXs.jpg

jxWmI3.jpg

jxWiZn.jpg

jxWWsE.jpg

jxWyfo.jpg

jxWOWD.jpg

jxWUn2.jpg

jxW5ht.jpg

jxalYE.jpg

Last edited:

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
LOL no one can argue against not buying a watch with a name that shares its pronunciation with a turd!

That unbranded model is quite nice. I'm not one for wearing reps of watches I can't afford the gen of, so RM have never been on my radar, but this unbranded homage is worth me taking a look at.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
Couldn’t agree more that a collection isn’t quite complete without a tourbillon timepiece. Currently on the look out for a tourbie myself and these are definitely worth a consideration. Thanks for posting :thumbsup:

Reactions: KJ2020

sybariten

Puts the "ass" in classy
9/7/12
Sydney
I've started flirting with the idea of picking up a Tourby too. What sort of time keeping + power reserve are you getting on your new toy? KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I've started flirting with the idea of picking up a Tourby too. What sort of time keeping + power reserve are you getting on your new toy? KJ2020

Time keeping is great on mine. PR is only a little over 24 hours, as there is no autowind capability. I usually do not wear it more than one day at a time though so not a factor for me.