• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OK - been trying, but..... more newbie Q’s

Chewdor

Horology Curious
18/2/20
So I’ve read through all I can, been searching and referencing through old threads etc. and have a general grasp.... BUT.....

I am looking for a couple of watches, and have found them in the fantastic thread that reviews and rates replicas from SuperRep down (the “Consensual List SuperReps NWBIGs”).
I know where to find the TDs.
I know emailing them seems to be preferred contact. (Should I PM them here too??)
But how do I ask for the particular one I want/understand what is being described in that SuperRep thread?

For example:
“Rolex Sea Dweller 4000 ARF 904L Steel SH3135”
Who is making this? And can I see it on a website, or do I just email this description to one of the TDs and ask then to source it? Will they know what I am on about?
I understand all the description except “ARF” - and guess that is the manufacturer?

Similarly:
“Rolex Sea Dweller 4000 Noob V2”
Understood and that Noob is a manufacturer (?) but do I need to find a link to their website or just ask a TD for that description?

There is one other, “Rolex Sub 16610 TC”.
I think TC is (or was) a manufacturer, but do I need to contact “TC” for one?
Or a TD again? Or are these unavailable now?

I found a couple of websites via links on threads here, but not exactly sure what’s what.

Secondly, if I am modding or getting a rep serviced, I assume the recommended “builders” here are sympathetic to the Replica community and will provide services without kicking off about “fakes”?
I only know watchmakers that work on Gens at the moment, but would like to have a service and waterproofing checked for any Rep I buy.

Sorry. Learning! Advice appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregB

Known Member
25/1/20
Canada, eh!
Chewdor Hey Chewdor, I was in your shoes a few months ago, and I still am. However, I believe all of your questions can be answered by searching this site and other rep watch forums. Also, reach out to the 'builders/modders' and TDs directly with your Qs. I would use PM here or email if offered. And don't lose the enthusiasm! :cool:

John1

Known Member
20/10/15
Good digging, and welcome. I've been here for some years, and it seems like I've barely scratched the surface. There are (at least) a couple of members here that service watches. I've had a watch serviced by "The Oligarch". Recently ordered a watch from TD, but between CNY and the virus I'm still waiting. Also, if you are diligent, you may see another member selling what you want. That's what I did for many years, prior to ordering my first "new" watch from TD. Have fun!