Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

Where do you take your rep if it is broken?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you take your rep if it is broken?

Feel a little uncomfortable to just take it to a jeweler but I don’t know any alternative.
    How do you guys do that?
    Why does it say: "who has the best Sub"? I don't care...

This is something I have often wondered too. following.

Comment

Members who joined in '14 and '15 respectively asking this question? Wowsers! I hate the flame-free zone. But to assist, I take my watch to the post office when it's broken.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerBubba View Post
        Members who joined in '14 and '15 respectively asking this question? Wowsers! I hate the flame-free zone. But to assist, I take my watch to the post office when it's broken.
        Nice man, really helpful. To elaborate, go to the watch smiths section and reach out to one of them and they will be able to help you out with your broken watches.

Comment

unreformed66 Just repaired one of my watches.
          I have another one I need to send, but unreformed owned up to not being able to repair it (an over complicated rep) so on someone’s referral I messaged member Vaccum, back on the 19th, but he has yet to respond,

Comment

GingerBubba . Offered the best advice possible. He forgot a step or three like contacting a forum watchsmith and getting the mailing address. Also Ruj. Some information on the issue, what watch and your location will get you more pointed advice.
            My wish list:
            Panerai OP VIII movement (7750 with GMT complication)

Comment

Will check the above mentioned section (again but better). Forgot to write the watch is in Europe. Not the best idea to ship it to the us then.
              Never had an issue before on any of my Seadwellers but now one of them sounds like it is not adjusted to anything anymore and complete loose in it’s case.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruj. View Post
                Will check the above mentioned section (again but better). Forgot to write the watch is in Europe. Not the best idea to ship it to the us then.
                Never had an issue before on any of my Seadwellers but now one of them sounds like it is not adjusted to anything anymore and complete loose in it’s case.
                you can most likely find someone in the EU to work on it.

Comment

if you are willing to ship we have trustee moder here and will gladly fix your rep, see below for the list

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...nd-horologists

Comment

To watchsmith..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks! That helps (-:
                      sorry I’m not able to find everything myself. I don’t undertstand every word I read and age is getting in the way on all this modern media.
                      cheers

Comment

I have had a similar dilemma to yours when I started with this hobby. I figured no one would be willing to work on reps, so I invested in tools and equipment and now I fix my watches by myself. They are like little Ferraris. When they work, they are a joy, but at any given moment at least a few are broken, awaiting repairs .

Comment

Last edited by DavidModic; 27-08-19, 14:30. Reason: Double post. Soz.

Comment

Originally posted by DavidModic View Post
                            I have had a similar dilemma to yours when I started with this hobby. I figured no one would be willing to work on reps, so I invested in tools and equipment and now I fix my watches by myself. They are like little Ferraris. When they work, they are a joy, but at any given moment at least a few are broken, awaiting repairs .
                            Only thing is that I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable at the garagist

Comment

None of my reps have broken down yet, but if one does break I'll send it to the nearest RWI approved watch smith.

Comment

Working...
                              X