• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Conflicting payment recommendations?

Thugnasty7

Horology Curious
6/6/19
The mod sticky thread says it doesn’t recommend paying using PayPal gift method but instead with added fees for protection yet I haven’t seen one seller thread that accept anything other than cash or PayPal gift. As a new member not sure what to think

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
As a new member it’s hard to buy anything because trust is part of the game. Established members often prefer PP gift for transactions between them. I guess that’s why. I do too, but with the added option of Bank transfer for new members or members without any productive posts.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
The mod sticky thread says it doesn’t recommend paying using PayPal gift method but instead with added fees for protection yet I haven’t seen one seller thread that accept anything other than cash or PayPal gift. As a new member not sure what to think

So buy from an established member via M2M section and pay via PP Gift, you won't have issues. You just joined, so their fear is accepting a regular PP payment from you would allow you to do a PP chargeback and scam them. If you buy from members with good reputations who have been around, you will not have any issues. Good luck!!!