• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What "replica brands" are the best?

Bloody9

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
If you buy a clean or a VSF your buddy looking at your watch will have no idea it is fake.
Thanks. Yeah I had a follow up posts basically saying that I have not found any inconsistencies in r/reptime's list versus the posts on here when it comes to Rolex's. Probably because you can't go wrong with Clean or VSF like you said.

Bloody9

Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
If navigating a forum is a bit too much for you, then I don't think anyone here can help you. If you claim the format to be ancient, one would assume that the simplest of minds would be able to navigate it.
Touche. I rescind my earlier comment made out of ignorance. :censored:

Reactions: Karbon74

Bloody9

Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
guys, just ask what's the best sub, and let's get over it 🤌
Why didn't someone just say this in the first place! LOL. All I did was ask about two stupid google sheets! I had no idea the land mine I was stepping on! Now I'm trying to stay out of the cross fire.
Shooting Kill It GIF by BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment

Bloody9

Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
Don't over think it friend.
What model has your fancy?
I already have my wish list put together. The only one I'm trying to research is whether or not to buy a plated rootbeer from Flandad. I'm seeing mixed reviews. If you have any opinions we can take that convo to private chat cause I don't want to put info I've gathered out here to general public. The rest of my wish list is as follows (let me know how I did on my research):
  • Rolex 114060 Submariner no date 40mm from VSF that does not have the phantom date position
  • Rolex Daytona 116500 Black dial with 4130 movement from clean. Clean supposedly has one of the best 4130 movements, black dial will get less questions than a Panda, and clean was known in the past for blue hue from cyrstal on white dials.
  • Batgirl from clean
At one point, I considered a Yachtmaster Slate dial from VSF. I'm on the fence cause it doesn't get much love from the Rolex community.

s10ww

Supporter
Certified
11/1/24
United Kingdom
Once you actually have the thing on your wrist the worries of your rehaut being off by 1nm and a tiny scratch here or there just evaporate.

Reactions: GDorantes13

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
I already have my wish list put together. The only one I'm trying to research is whether or not to buy a plated rootbeer from Flandad. I'm seeing mixed reviews. If you have any opinions we can take that convo to private chat cause I don't want to put info I've gathered out here to general public. The rest of my wish list is as follows (let me know how I did on my research):
  • Rolex 114060 Submariner no date 40mm from VSF that does not have the phantom date position
  • Rolex Daytona 116500 Black dial with 4130 movement from clean. Clean supposedly has one of the best 4130 movements, black dial will get less questions than a Panda, and clean was known in the past for blue hue from cyrstal on white dials.
  • Batgirl from clean
At one point, I considered a Yachtmaster Slate dial from VSF. I'm on the fence cause it doesn't get much love from the Rolex community.
the three listed here are great choices
If you never had a rep before, I would suggest to buy those three first. Enjoy them and continue to engage 😁

the rest will follow naturally. The first step is the "hardest" as you need to commit. After a while, the doubts dissipate and you will become an "arrogant RWI prick of a watchnerd" like the rest of us here 😂

Reactions: MaximillianGT

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
  • Batgirl from clean
Don't worry about the clean daytona, you won't even notice the problem once you got the rep on hand.

Bloody9

Supporter
Certified
26/1/24
US
You'll find people on here often belittle r/reptime - people don't hang around there for too long before moving onto other sites
What problem? The blue hue on white dial?

Don't worry about the clean daytona, you won't even notice the problem once you got the rep on hand.
Were you being sarcastic? LOL. I see those QC pics all the time like that and I can't tell crap from it. I was curious where the link to that tool is. Is it some website.

Pinion Minion

World Class Breaker of Movements
Supporter
Certified
5/8/22
Texas

Were you being sarcastic? LOL. I see those QC pics all the time like that and I can't tell crap from it. I was curious where the link to that tool is. Is it some website.

they are screwing with you- it is a highly ineffective tool that a lot of Reddit people think helps spot pip misalignment- when it is in fact worthless.

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE

Well, it depends on how you see it. In most of the comments made in those threads, people are using those photos magnifying the watch face to the size of a wall clock, in that situation, you can find flaws on a gen Daytona as well. In real life, those "deal breaker" flaws are usually too small to notice, so you are not the only one. Just understand that what you're going to buy is a replica, it has limits and won't go exactly to the gen spec, you will be fine.

In case you aren't satisfied with what you got, going Franken is the way to go, but then you need to invest more $ and effort into it. Iam doing a project on frankening my 116500, take a look if you wish: https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/my-daytona-116500-franken-journal.10962760/

Some other members here do a better job than me, you can find their journals too.

Last edited: