• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trying to understand the risks

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Dont know the percentages of reps getting bagged in customs but I would say go with the full retail option.

if you plan on selling it again someday, take great care of it and when you sell it, you can get most of your money back...

then you get to wear the piece for (almost) free...

2 cents and good luck...

uklapps

Horology Curious
6/9/09
Thanks for all the feedback and comments.

Update:
I ended up going with the 'full retail' option, ie higher price, less risk.
So far a great experience, QC pictures looked good, but now comes the bit that I guess I am paying the extra for....Shipping and quality. Based on things to date I have no reason to think there will be a problem.

One thing, I did end up having to use Bitcoin as the Credit Cards were not processing. I was trying to avoid that as it was something I was not familiar with. It did feel a little hairy at times as I wasn't exactly sure of what I was doing (e.g. Pay USD or bitcoin amount that was on the request) and with the 13 hour time difference I felt like it was going to take a long time to go back and forth on email, so I just went for it and all was fine!

Now its time to be patient!

Akonoypi

Known Member
13/12/18
Yeah! Waiting....It will be worth it in the end upon receiving your rep. Good luck!