• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

YACHT MASTER II - GOLD 116688

Cino

Horology Curious
23/6/22
Hi All,

So glad I found this forum before I made a purchase, you wealth of knowledge is overwhelming and awesome all at the same time!!

I am sure you have been asked a million times already but I don't seem to be able to find a definitive answer, about the REP Rolex I want to purchase.

Does any factory other than Rolex themselves make the YACHT MASTER II - GOLD 116688 with fully functioning regatta timing that links to the bezel just like to original?

Thank you in advance for all you assistance, and I look forward to hearing for you. :D

fall1n1

Registered Flex Offender
Supporter
Certified
30/1/21
UK / Singapore
Unfortunately no good rep of the YM II exists, much less a fully functional one. You may be able to source a relatively okay looking one, but only if you really like the aesthetics of it, don’t expect anything more than a fun novelty. I guess they just aren’t popular enough for the big factories to put much work into, sadly.

Reactions: Cino

kaypee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/5/22
CONUS
Disappointed as this is a gorgeous watch. Hopefully we get some in the near future

TheDarkChild

Supporter
Certified
3/1/21
England
I love the rose gold one or the evergold as Rolex put it. Sadly I don’t think I could pull the trigger on any factory version currently. As I’ve read that they fade and tarnish over time unlike a real version.

I also wish a factory could master the Rolex clasp as most I see just have gaps and poor finishes. This should be easy to fix for them yet no one seems to fussed.

Cino

Horology Curious
23/6/22
Unfortunately no good rep of the YM II exists, much less a fully functional one. You may be able to source a relatively okay looking one, but only if you really like the aesthetics of it, don’t expect anything more than a fun novelty. I guess they just aren’t popular enough for the big factories to put much work into, sadly.

Thank you fall1in1 you have confirmed my fears and what I thought was the case from all my googling :cryingbadly::cryingbadly::cryingbadly:

Cino

Horology Curious
23/6/22
I don't even think there is a reasonable replica in visual similarity either

Yes I agree Updog, it is very complex and i would imagine very difficult to rep.

I did get one from a person in Sydney Australia who was importing replica watches, handbags, shoes, clothes and all luxury brand items. It is really nice looking but its the functionality I want most

Cino

Horology Curious
23/6/22
I love the rose gold one or the evergold as Rolex put it. Sadly I don’t think I could pull the trigger on any factory version currently. As I’ve read that they fade and tarnish over time unlike a real version.

I also wish a factory could master the Rolex clasp as most I see just have gaps and poor finishes. This should be easy to fix for them yet no one seems to fussed.

I agree about the clasp TheDarkChild, they could do a better job surely.

As I said above to Updog, I already have a GOLD YM II I purchased from an importer located in Sydney. I got to see it in person first and I have had it since December 2020 and it is generally great in it look, feel and keeps great time, it has not faded or tarnished at all. But the timing regatta functionality doesn't work at all it is cosmetic only and I wish it worked.

I think 65k+ for a genuine it a bit much ;) (although if I had that kind of money to spend on a 65k watch I probably would and drive a lambo as well LOL)

TheDarkChild

Supporter
Certified
3/1/21
England
Oh I’d defo spend that if I had that to spend on a watch. What do you mean by regatta function doesn’t work. Where is that on the watch or am I being dim?

I can’t seen any function on the watch other than the hands no pushers or other movments

Cino

Horology Curious
23/6/22
Oh I’d defo spend that if I had that to spend on a watch. What do you mean by regatta function doesn’t work. Where is that on the watch or am I being dim?

I can’t seen any function on the watch other than the hands no pushers or other movements

I am taking about the 10 minute countdown timing function for sailing regatta's. on the original you spin the bezel 90 degrees to the left so the #5 is at the 9 o'clock position then set the RED hand to the minutes to be timed and then spin the bezel back to the original position with the 5 at the 12 o'clock, saving your selection in a mechanical memory. then you can start, stop or reset the timing as required.

Watch this video on Rolex's website

https://www.rolex.com/watches/yacht-master/m116688-0002.html

Reactions: TheDarkChild

TheDarkChild

Supporter
Certified
3/1/21
England
Oh I completely misunderstood. I was under the impression you where talking about the yacht master not the 2 I completely missed the title of this thread ???? I was looking at mine and was thinking there isn’t anything on the dial…. Haha this makes more sense. Sorry I was having a brain fart haha. if I’m honest I’m no sailor so don’t think I’d ever have need for such a function. But it’s always nice to have working movements in any rep. I have the IWC perpetual calendar https://www.iwc.com/gb/en/watch-collections/portugieser/iw503501-portugieser-annual-calendar.html from ZF it works but not how it should as to change the day you should rotate the crown counter clockwise but it doesn’t work so If I don’t wear it for a while it’s a faf to set it, wish I’d gone for the one with just the date window now. But the power reserve works fine and once set it works perfect. But having that quick set option would make it awesome.

The TOPgun has a working version of the day and date with quick set so my get one of those next. Just waiting on my GMT from InTime should be here by the weekend.

mharroch

19/4/21
Glad I found this thread! I was just about to order one! Might be worth waiting .