• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Let's see your 16610's & 16613's "The 5 digit subs" The last of the best Submariners

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
My understanding is that ARF is using JF components (apart from the case, which is 904L) so the dial will have the same slightly grey print, not crisp white like the BP.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many thanks for your help!

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: p0pperini

PAKITO

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/15
España
62b5433254a566d6d9af9bbd31fc7ed6.jpg

7719ceffae1c765873b8b0828e40699e.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Very good picture! I love your lv and I’m going to build one..

Thanx mate, this model got me into the 5 digits subs. I love the lime green B3 insert on maxi dial, the best combination to me, this one is here to stay.
It's definitely worth it to build one.

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: cassapanca

cassapanca

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/12/16
Thanx mate, this model got me into the 5 digits subs. I love the lime green B3 insert on maxi dial, the best combination to me, this one is here to stay.
It's definitely worth it to build one.

I’m going to receive an arf “no rrr”, i have a vr3135 ready, I have to source a gen insert for a fair price, and then I will add a gen crystal

Reactions: mrsullivan

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Great choice. Mine is the same ARF, with gen insert and gen crystal too.
On top it has gen DW and a BP dial. Still looking for gen hands and that will be it.

Post pics of yours when it's built !

HapoFils

Horology Curious
16/3/19
France
Hi everyone, I try to join your team of 5 digit owner, but I have problems to order it from France to Puretime, the CB doesn't work, and the bank transfer neither, still looking for a solution...
I dream of a 16610 LV for many years now, can't wait to have my own !

I try to understand what I read, not easy ! Gen, bp, ARF, I am not sure of the meanings :)
​​​

kadeee

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Hi everyone, I try to join your team of 5 digit owner, but I have problems to order it from France to Puretime, the CB doesn't work, and the bank transfer neither, still looking for a solution...
I dream of a 16610 LV for many years now, can't wait to have my own !

I try to understand what I read, not easy ! Gen, bp, ARF, I am not sure of the meanings :)
​​​

Cheers,

well, if ordering from PT does not work for you check the sales section frequently. I absolutely can understand your love with the 5-digit Submariner.
Gen means authentic Rolex. BP, ARF, JF, TC, WM9 and others are factories or enthusiasts that produce 16610 Submariners. They all have more or less flaws.
Many people say that Ginault has a beautiful hommage to the Rolex 16610 Submariner which also is a almost perfect base for a really good Franken.