• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NO wristies thread

xgeryx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/19
6200 build by hungaryrolex
4a532b8b3c2eaeecbd47684c980400be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
How’s the whiskey?

Lol it took a while to get back to you.

Colour:

So what is it? It is like a Jameson trying to be a Middleton in my opinion. So not as smooth as Jameson, it has a little bite but not too sharp and whincey. It has some complexity but no where near a Yellow Spot, Green Spot or Middleton. So yes it does taste like an Irish Whiskey for sure and at the price range it is a contender for Jameson but if you are looking for smooth you just cannot beat Jameson. It is certainly not as harsh as a lot of Irish Whiskeys. A good alternative for brandy for mixing with Baileys lol but as a sipping whiskey I will stick to Jamie or a mild Scotch blend or single malt.

frankfrank

Beaches
6/2/16
Lol it took a while to get back to you.

Colour:

So what is it? It is like a Jameson trying to be a Middleton in my opinion. So not as smooth as Jameson, it has a little bite but not too sharp and whincey. It has some complexity but no where near a Yellow Spot, Green Spot or Middleton. So yes it does taste like an Irish Whiskey for sure and at the price range it is a contender for Jameson but if you are looking for smooth you just cannot beat Jameson. It is certainly not as harsh as a lot of Irish Whiskeys. A good alternative for brandy for mixing with Baileys lol but as a sipping whiskey I will stick to Jamie or a mild Scotch blend or single malt.

Thank you, I appreciate the review and was starting to wonder when you were going to crack that thing open!

Sounds like it’s worth a try. I agree, Jameson is my go to as well unless I can find a decent Bushmills but that’s not readily available around the Caribbean and my scotch days were pretty much limited to when I lived in Europe.

Have a happy holidays and let’s meet up for a cheers someday.