Steinhart Ocean One to Rolex MOD...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steinhart Ocean One to Rolex MOD...

This is another mod I did myself, using a Steinhart Ocean One 39 and replacing the dial and hands with Rolex ones (Raffles dials).

Simple and quick mod that steps up the "homage" to the next level

More pics

Loving it on this Bond NATO strap (modified to ZULU strap to give it a lower profile).

Cheers

Comment

The brothers from another mother

Comment

Nice mod

I have question regarding dial

Is the dial size for Steinhart and rolex are same

Also where I can find raffles dial

Thank you in advance

Comment

Nice one... a 6538 dial would look nice as well
          gReEk G0dDeSs

Comment

Agree
            A more vintage look. I would need to remove the maginifier on the crystal tho (it's easy to do I know).

Next project might be the Steinhart Yachtmaster.

Maybe then I can use the black/gold dial on the Yachtmaster and use the Black ceramic bezel with another dial (I have a tudor vintage dial that might work there).

__________________________________________________ _______

Alkuhf, the dial size is 29mm (the same for submariners and Steinhart Ocean One 39 - only the 39).
            I bought the dials at http://rafflesdials.com/

Cheers

Comment

That is not stepped up onto anything in my opinion. Why on earth would you mod a Steinhart with a Rolex dial...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Why on Earth would you buy a replica watch?
                I do it for the fun and pleasure I get from it.
                To create something different, for me, and only me...

I feel good when I look at the watches I mod.
                Plus, Steinhart quality is beyond average, and the watches are not expensive.
                Easy mods, reliable movements, beautiful watches at the end. Just that...

Cheers

Comment

Do you think you could mod a Steinhart Ocean One Vintage with an VIntage Rolex Dial, brush the case a bit, and get a 1950s Rolex Sub rep?

Comment

I could mod a steinhart ocean one 39 (the 41mm version uses a bigger dial).

I know nothing about polishing and brushing
                    I just replace the dial and hands (it is a simple thing to do).

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Tusubasa View Post
                      That is not stepped up onto anything in my opinion. Why on earth would you mod a Steinhart with a Rolex dial...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      R U kidding, that looks awesome!

Comment

also just out of interest does this mean you get a fully functional dive watch that looks like a Rolex? I'd be interested in that!

Comment

Originally posted by Jackster View Post
                          also just out of interest does this mean you get a fully functional dive watch that looks like a Rolex? I'd be interested in that!
                          In theory, yes. The same 30ATM / 1000ft / 300m as the Rolex submariner.
                          But I would test it after modifying it and go diving with it.

Cheers

Comment

Mmm thinking of selling? ????

Comment

I can't sell because I live in another planet (Switzerland)
                              They are a pain in the *ss when it comes to customs.
                              In this case it would be even worse because it would be considered as a counterfeit product.

But you can easily do these mods yourself (or with someone who knows how to do it).
                              I just bought a Steinhart Ocean One 39 (on my case, I bought two) a 29mm Rolex dial and hands from Raffles Dials and you only need to disassemble the steinhart and replace the dial and hands (the hands are kinda tricky for a beginner).

Any watchmaker would do that in minutes

Cheers

Comment

Working...
                              X