• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHGate collection

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
I've got lots of really nice watches. But sometimes you want to dwell on the dark side. Everyone wants to know, what kinda watches are there on DhGate. I have seen a lot of commentary on the crap nature of DHGate watches, but I've bought and sold a number of these. Thought I'd put them all in one place.

It really doesn't work to ask me where I got what. These are over time, and stuff changes on DHGate all the time. I've never really been screwed over, but I got one or two that I had to toss another 2813 in. Wasn't worth my time to go through the arbitration. Anyway, start the carnival.

The most expensive watch here is less than $100, the cheapest is $28. The average watch here is $60.

Airking - I've played with it a bit, but it looked much like this to start with.

Fantasy - built from two $40 Jason007 watches.

TT Datejust - wife has worn it for a year

Another DJ

Another

Tudor BB Red

Pelagos

Blue Pelagos

Microstepper Daytonas

VC

Heuer

Wifes Chanel

PP

Patek

Cartier

ItaLmiV.jpg

That's it! Well for now. I don't have them all anymore, but I've been happy with them. YMMV and remember these truly, truly are toys. Like the toys in Cracker Jacks.

D

d4m.test

Interesting. Thanks for posting.
Kinda makes a newbie stop and think.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Some nice pieces there! I had the vc for a while, probably one of my favs and dirty cheap. I think the great thing about dh gate is if your watch is doa you just dont click the happy and accepted button. Most sellers will make it right and send you a new one because unless you click that button, the money doesnt get releases to them. Its an interesting system but it works!

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Lol I sometimes think we forget they are still just toys. From the €10 steal on EBay or the €20 DHGate to the 5K Franken. Lol I do not have a 20K gen but that would be a toy too at the end of the day.

I alternate from cheapo steals, to really good, to silly builds and back again.

As @WingNut once said "Rep on bros".

D

d4m.test

I think the great thing about dh gate is if your watch is doa you just dont click the happy and accepted button. Most sellers will make it right and send you a new one because unless you click that button, the money doesnt get releases to them. Its an interesting system but it works!

Good to know!

D

d4m.test

What really matters is that YOU are happy with your watches.

On the bright side, if ever you are mugged and told to hand over your watch, you're likely to do it willingly because you're only losing about $30. However, if you were forced to hand over a replica worth $500, you're more likely to take a swing at the dude.

Reactions: DryRun
D

d4m.test

love it lol, makes me question if I can even tell a fake from real.... I am so new to this rep game I can't tell other than the obvious bad quality..

Quantum Jewelry LLC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/17
Ive purchased a few reps off dhgate, typically I just look for reviews with alot of photos, then contact the reviewers and ask them to send pics of the watch they purchased from that seller and what issues theyve had. So far ive bought 3 watches off there and have had no problem with them. Though I only purchase watches that I cannot find for sale on here or facebook groups.

Sent from the RWI App

D

d4m.test

What really matters is that YOU are happy with your watches.

On the bright side, if ever you are mugged and told to hand over your watch, you're likely to do it willingly because you're only losing about $30. However, if you were forced to hand over a replica worth $500, you're more likely to take a swing at the dude.

Or you mug him instead and get a few gens that he stole earlier.

Reactions: DryRun

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
The one and only Ali rep I have left. I have the gen but up till now I still cannot part with this. My first Omega SMP.

d5qRRYp.jpg

NCRich

Raddave's favorite
Supporter
Certified
24/3/11
The one and only Ali rep I have left. I have the gen but up till now I still cannot part with this. My first Omega SMP.

d5qRRYp.jpg

Yeah a million years ago I had that rep. It had to be a in 2011 maybe? Robert. It was $69. I can remember the price. :lol:

yeh

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Yeah a million years ago I had that rep. It had to be a in 2011 maybe? Robert. It was $69. I can remember the price. :lol:

yeh
Mine was Mr. Zhao $95 2015, damn inflation lol.

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
Nice watches ! Thanks for the input !
I have just ordered the same Nautilus, because of your thread/picture, for 77 USD incl shipment,
while they are discussing in another thread if the latest version (full of flaws) is worth 548 USD, plus shipment (more than 600 for me).

Of course it will not fool someone who knows this particular watch.
But it's not my intention anyway.
I just love the design, and I think this is great value for the money. It looks really well made.

watchboi

20/6/17
MIA, FL
I have ordered around 4-5 watches from DHgate over the past year. The most I have paid including DHL was $150. The quality varies a lot.

The most serious problem I have had was with the watch being a different sized one than the one described. I noticed it in the QC pics. I immediately asked for a refund which the seller accepted.

My 2 cents when ordering from DHgate is to ALWAYS contact the seller before paying, asking for QC pics. Even after paying, DEMAND QC pics before shipping so you can ask for a refund if something isn't right.

Reactions: KJ2020

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
My weirdest experience was a Citizen on EBay from an Indian seller. Nice little vintage. Sunburst dial. Nice Citizen decorated auto movement. The pics were great. It cost €13.

What I received 2 months later was a dial painted by some child in a creché and a non deco movement that came out of a Christmas cracker. It actually worked for 3 days before it gave up the ghost.