• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wrist check December week 2

dave123

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/3/07
Lots to do today,had to make sure my watch is always correct... 8)
now-watch.jpg

vbarrett

24/6/07
dave123 said:
Lots to do today,had to make sure my watch is always correct... 8)
now-watch.jpg

LOL!

FRIDAY

I'm late to the Wristies, but I have some surprises!

Here's my lovely new Narikaa Ladies Tag Link watch, as reviewed by By-Tor here. [smilie=alien.gif]

taglinkwristienb4.jpg

It's SMALL. Very small. That's my tiny Rolex 25mm MOP Salmon dial next to it. :twisted:

taglinkrolexdjmopsalmonht7.jpg

You little beauty! :p

taglinkladiesfacebu2.jpg

Only thing though -- I was scared I hadn't asked Narikaa for extra links, having read in By-Tor's review that the Tag Links were meant for Asian lady wrists, and not Caucasian ones. That's as may be, but I need to have it sized by two or three links! :shock:

taglinkloosekq8.jpg

SATURDAY

Check out my little lizard buddy next to the TWP PAM 217. :D

pam217carbonfriendwristkj2.jpg

Gorgeous Toscana Siena Carbon strap.

pam217sienacarbonfibreig7.jpg

It's been off and on again in the Daily Specials, sometimes as low as $19.99. Bah, I bought it for twice that. Worth every penny -- look at that sparkle!

sienacarbonfibrefidestrhk2.jpg

SUNDAY

You gots Christmas parties? Me too. You gots bling? Me too.

My Elgin diamond gold watch, Narikaa's Mont Blanc vermeil and gold-leaf rollerball pen, and my favourite Alexandrite ring.

elgindiamondalexandritebq4.jpg

elgindiamondfacemb8.jpg

elgindiamondwristie00eq4.jpg

Have a great weekend guys! :)

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Now wearing this one... just wanted a change.

005onsavage1.jpg

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
V just exactly where to you store all of your watches?? :shock:

not a rep today,

dec1107015.jpg

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Ooooo, a rare white dial GMT! Very nice! Is it gen, and what are the tells? It's easy with the ones that have the He valve.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
It's absolutely a genuine though it's currently on a rep bracelet :D just because I can beat it up and not feel bad!

The big tell is always the crown guards they are never right on the reps because they make one case for everything add the "he" valve to the wrong position :roll: ...

The other big tell is super lume and the dial printing, the printing on the genuine is very delicate and fine and replicas look like they are silk screened.. also the genuine dial is matte finish with only the wave pattern ridges being slightly glossy and the reps usually are just glossy.

Also the hands on the reps are almost always too short and the bezel insert is not aligned.
Just a side note, the quality of the modern seamaster reps is far short of the older ones especially the bracelets.

REP
omeseagmtwd_2.jpg

GEN
db9acaaa.jpg

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
You can really see how bad the endlinks are on the rep when they are put together.

I knew about the problem with the hands, but thought that this problem had been solved. Maybe this is on the non-GMT rep. Refer to WBK's Wack-master, or whatever they are calling it.

I agree that the crown guard is the biggest tell, hands down.

Very nice watch. I know they are available often. Maybe I'll keep my eye out on the gen forums. :wink:

One more note, I love the lume on the gen. I don't know if the rep has the same characteristic, but the hump shape of the lume really gives it depth with it is glowing bright. It's one of those details that you have to see in person to appreciate.