• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Datejust and gmt master ii

walker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/6/15
Not been on the replica game long at all!
my old man is big on watches and hes the one who got me going.
I bought the datejust for him and i wear the GMT.
they are not the best reps. Id say the datejust is half decent. They both keep time very well!
it would be good if a anyone could pick faults with them any defects? Especially on the datejust
cheers, pete.

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15
I'm no expert but a couple of standard issues with that GMT i.e. bezel paint is white, hand stack is wrong. Noticed that the "GMT MASTER II" text on the dial is green but should be white on this model. Pretty sure the hand and dot lume should be blue and not different colors. Also, if the crown is screwed down correctly in these pictures then it looks like it's sticking out too far.

walker

15/6/15
The crown is screwed all the way in. Ive never noticed that before!
i found out tonight that the hand stack is wrong. It seems to be a common error with gmt replicas.
other than the lume being different colors i think its fairly decent?
thanks for the reply.

Limztf

13/10/12
The crown is screwed all the way in. Ive never noticed that before!
i found out tonight that the hand stack is wrong. It seems to be a common error with gmt replicas.
other than the lume being different colors i think its fairly decent?
thanks for the reply.

Yes the biggest (and almost impossible to correct) flaw is the Incorrect Hand Stack(ICHS).

Also, fairly decent or not is function of how much you paid for them. Low $100s or mid $300s?

Imagination beyond imagination

walker

15/6/15
I paid the equivalent of 250$ which I now think is too much considering the quality you can get on here

Limztf

13/10/12
I paid the equivalent of 250$ which I now think is too much considering the quality you can get on here

Oh no... But take it as a lesson learned! You'll then appreciate the quality our trusted dealers can get for you..and at a reasonable price point too!

An official Welcome to RWI!

Cristobal

Renowned Member
10/6/15
I think the GMT looks good I'm thinking of getting that watch myself.

walker

15/6/15
Oh no... But take it as a lesson learned! You'll then appreciate the quality our trusted dealers can get for you..and at a reasonable price point too!

An official Welcome to RWI!

I didn't but it from a website. I bought it from a someone who sells them
on a uk website calld gumtree. I think its the uk equivalent of craigslist?
lesson learnt defo but its got me on the bike and im away now!

DaanS

5/5/15
You can relume the BLNR's hands in green. Would look much better :)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk