Announcement

Collapse

IMAGE SHARING IMPROVEMENT

Use ClickPix.org , an easy way to share your images !
CLICK HERE TO LEARN MORE
See more
See less

[DIY]Make yourself a cheap photo light box!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is way cool but as I have a simple Canon dig point and shoot camera wonder how good the photos will come out, but I am going to try thanks

Comment

Originally posted by burg650, post: 1242922
      This is way cool but as I have a simple Canon dig point and shoot camera wonder how good the photos will come out, but I am going to try thanks
      I don't think you would have to have a DSLR to have great results, since you're going to have ample amount of light coming into the box.
      I think it relies more on photoshopping. I think cropping is essential, because it really centers the watch in the middle.

Take my friend, for example. He uses a $60 point and shoot camera that dates back quite a few years ago, but does an excellent job at taking pictures.
      Here are couple of pictures taken by him. Notice the yellow tint to his pictures. He claims that it is due to his camera, but I think it might be because the color of light coming through the box.

I think all he did was cropping the watch so it could be centered.

So yeah, give it a try--the amount of light coming through the box is good enough to make a difference.
      DIY Make a Cheap Photo Light Box

Comment

Wow. Very professional-like photos. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Nice write-up! Love the Pringles tripod!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Comment

Originally posted by touch213, post: 1242960
            Wow. Very professional-like photos. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
            Thanks!

Originally posted by jesseharmon81, post: 1242963
            Nice write-up! Love the Pringles tripod!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
            Thanks! Yeah, I have bunch of different Pringles to suit my mood of the day! I might feel like low fat Pringles today! LOL

Comment

never posted pix before because i only have phone camera but thanks to this might have a go and see what i get! thanks S7.

Comment

brilliant, thanks for the information

Comment

Fantastic! Thanks for taking the time to write this up i will be giving this a go!!

Comment

Thanks all, for the positive comments!
                    Also, a little follow-up seems to be due:

1. After using lights of 2 different colors--white and yellow(standard)--I found it best using the white lights, they're called "daylight" bulbs. I've tried using both the colors, after hearing that mixing the 2 makes it look natural. However, I wasn't a huge fan of having a rather yellowish orange tone on the pictures. I'd much prefer the white light.

2. The best was having only the lights coming through the "windows", especially when you have other lights coming in from the opening. Say, if you're working in a room, turn all the lights off, like your room, except for the lights that go into the box. This minimizes the light bulbs reflecting on your crystal.

I'll post pics when I have more time.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by sumiter7, post: 1250264
                      Thanks all, for the positive comments!
                      Also, a little follow-up seems to be due:

1. After using lights of 2 different colors--white and yellow(standard)--I found it best using the white lights, they're called "daylight" bulbs. I've tried using both the colors, after hearing that mixing the 2 makes it look natural. However, I wasn't a huge fan of having a rather yellowish orange tone on the pictures. I'd much prefer the white light.

2. The best was having only the lights coming through the "windows", especially when you have other lights coming in from the opening. Say, if you're working in a room, turn all the lights off, like your room, except for the lights that go into the box. This minimizes the light bulbs reflecting on your crystal.

I'll post pics when I have more time.

Thanks!

Thanks for this tip i had to photoshop the yellowness out and i didn't do it very well..

Heres a picture of my box not as pretty as yours but i did the best with what i had in the house.

Thanks for taking the time to post this thread very much appreciated by me and i am sure you have inspired many others to do the same!!!

Comment

Awesome work of art. Hahaha. Thanks for putting effort in sharing

Comment

Always wanted to get a light box. Now I can make one! Thanks, man!

Comment

I can't wait to make one of these and post some great pics!
                            Click Here To Learn About Me
                            Click Here For A Glossary Of Words Used In This Forum
                            Click Here For History Of Tudor

If it say's Rolodex its not the best!
                            sigpic

Comment

So simple yet so helpful. Thx

Comment

Creative

Comment

Working...
                                X