• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EBay order arrived damaged

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Hi guys
I have recently bought rolex parts on Ebay.

The parts were supposed to be factory sealed except that couple of them arrived with broken blisters.

The seller had shipped them in a regular envelope without protection. So this could have as well occurred during transit.

Nevertheless, I contacted him to see if the goods were insured and he started calling me names. All of this happened in DM and I haven't involved Ebay.

I don't know what to think (sent purposely like this?) nor what to do?

I paid a premium for them to be factory sealed upon arrival but in the end these are for a build and will be used. Should I take the loss? Any advices?

Many thanks

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Are the parts damaged or is it just the blister broken? What parts! Pics?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
Are the parts damaged or is it just the blister broken? What parts! Pics?

The parts aren't damaged just broken blister... I'll upload pictures later

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
I contacted him to see if the goods were insured and he started calling me names.
From experience, this indicates the seller is at fault. Why call a buyer names if you had the correct product sent to him? Get eBay involved, they will ask you to send him his items back and will refund you.

Reactions: jcher

rapsfan77

Horology Curious
14/8/16
Toronto, Canada
You should be covered by ebay buyer protection. If you open a claim from what you are describing i have a good idea ebay will rule in your favor. But it is usually best practice to deal with the seller first much like here - then if he doesn't cooperate then you escalate. I have bought a bunch of stuff which wasn't as described and ebay has always sided with me. The only issue is that it is up to you to cover the expense of shipping it back with tracking. Once the tracking shows as delivered the refund comes directly from the paypal of other user.