• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona on eBay

Sedonut

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
31/7/17
Buying from a 1 feedback ebay seller in a foreign country, you are asking to be burned. I read somewhere that 70 % of the Swiss watches out there are fake. I recently bought what was supposed to be a genuine, a model that I could not find any rep's of, and it had a cheep aftermarket band, not as good a quality as most of the rep bands on here. This was from an online dealer that advertises a lot, including on RWS. Another big online advertiser for gens, if you do a feedback search online, they are a nightmare and I think they are selling rep's also. Just a feeling mind you but what if years later you paid $4-15,000 for a rep you thought was a gen?

Caveat emptor.

Master Vader

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/13
Buying from a 1 feedback ebay seller in a foreign country, you are asking to be burned. I read somewhere that 70 % of the Swiss watches out there are fake. I recently bought what was supposed to be a genuine, a model that I could not find any rep's of, and it had a cheep aftermarket band, not as good a quality as most of the rep bands on here. This was from an online dealer that advertises a lot, including on RWS. Another big online advertiser for gens, if you do a feedback search online, they are a nightmare and I think they are selling rep's also. Just a feeling mind you but what if years later you paid $4-15,000 for a rep you thought was a gen?

Caveat emptor.

I absolutely agree. Wouldn’t cross my mind to buy from a seller like this one. I posted it here because definitely this is a rep posing for a gen, and a very immoral seller trying to scam people who don’t understand better.

Master Vader

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/13
Just an update...

The watch - white dial Daytona from a seller in Israel was taken out - but now the link goes to a black dial Daytona from a seller in Dubai and with a stock photo...

Very bizarre...