• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chopard Mile Miglia Crono GMT Special Edition

hava

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/11/06
Hi i´m buy these watch the previous week. Send me the tuesday and Friday it is a home with me.
I see other review of these watch, and i a little dissapointed with it. The watch has some flaws.

In first time remember that Chopard begin in 1860 when begin to made watches.

Mile Miglia begin in 1927 to 1956. After 1977 come back.

logomile.jpg

Here you can see the map of the race.

Milemiglia.jpg

Now i compare with the original, i found more that one flaws.

Here you can see original

chopard-2.jpg

Here you can see the rep

P7080168.jpg

The dimessions

Original/Rep
Diameter 42,50/42 mm
Thick 14,90/16 mm

The flaws that i have found are:
1- You can see put Tachometer and is Tachymeter (is so simple put a Y in the O). I don´t understand the chinese watch maker.
2- The subdials needle are white in the original and in the copy are silver.
3- The needle of hour and minutes are blue in the original and in the copy are black (in other dials colors in original these aren´t blue).

Here you can see in red the flaws.

choparderrorescopia-1.jpg

More photos of mine watch
P7080162.jpg

P7080168.jpg

P7080169.jpg

Compare mag date of Chopard Gran Turismo
P7080170.jpg

P7080174.jpg

Here compare the rubber strap beetween Gran Turimos and Crono GMT ( the width arr from Gran Turismo).
P7080176.jpg

P7080177.jpg

The worst is SS band no has button, only you push and pull. Very basic.
P7070158.jpg

P7070160.jpg

Conclusións
I think was from a diferent watch maker, is has less quality than Chopard Gran Turismo.
i think has too much flaws for 338 USD.

I´m sorry but mine english not is good. I can read better than write.
Gracias por leer. Thanks for read.

jkerouac

16/3/06
The tachometer/tachymeter issue has been discussed and, it seems, Chopard seems to have used both spellings. Apparently there are some inconsistencies in the color of the hands as well: http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=29882&hl=tachymeter

As for the bracelet, are you saying that it does not stay closed very well?

I sympathize with your suspicion that the manufacturer did not pay sufficient attention to detail. But there seems to be some room for debate regarding what is the most accurate version of this watch.

Also, I don't know about where you live, but I am fairly positive that in the Pacific Northwest US where I live Chopard is relatively unknown -- although yesterday I actually saw a Chopard in a display case at Costco, of all places -- so in my neighborhood I would not be too concerned about the details that you describe -- that is, as long as the watch itself looks to be of high quality.

hava

19/11/06
Thanks i see. There is a link that some one put a original and put Tachometer and the watch haven´t blue hands.
http://anonym.to/?[url]http://chopard.watchp ... 299497&s=0[/url]

Now is all perfect :D :D :D :D :D Only the ss band the close is bad. I would like to see the original

Here in Canary Island (Spain) Chopard is knowing. There is some place to buy it.

sweet

14/4/07
Very great eyes by the way. I would have never picked that out by myself :D Thank you for your insight!

stangvert

8/4/06
Good eyes

I like the black dial version, but like you I noticed several flaws including the caseback being incorrect. So, I bought the white dial version which is much more accurate. If they fix a couple of the flaws including the solid caseback, I would be all over the back dial version.

italiano17771

Renowned Member
5/5/07
what a great review!! very nice. i would have never even noticed the blue hands and everything else you pointed out. thanks for all the info....good job. :D

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
Great review. Gracias por escribirlo. Y usted escribe muy bien en ingles...

brep

6/6/07
Good comments - as you can see in the later picts compared to the gen, it really is on. The gen does not have blue hands or white subdial hands. This is a very good rep.

Compare.jpg

-B

cosmic

Known Member
17/4/07
Thanks for making me sit up a bit and look into this more, this is next on my 'Hit' list and I amgoing to compare what the dealers offer !

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
That Chrono GMT is one really good looking watch. I think I'll buy that next. The flaws are acceptable to me, as nobody I know will have even heard of that model, let alone seen it.

The 42mm size is good for me too, the GTXL (which I also have) has not been worn much, as it looks too big for me.

Good observations, shame about the bracelet - but I'm still gonna get one! :)

ps. i think the clasp can be replaced with a generic push button version, but the use of spacers on the links will be needed.

Can someone tell me what size the strap lugs are please?
Thanks

z80

8/6/06
Ok, I've done alot of looking into the GMT Chrono, because that's my next one. Here is what I've found after much searching:

Black dial ONLY has TACHYMETER spelling no matter what. Special Edition has solid case back with race car and "Mille Miglia" on back, regular prod model has sapphire back. Rep has TACHOMETER spelling and sapphire back.

White Dial/Black Subdials only has TACHYMETER spelling no matter what. Solid case back only with race track map. Rep has TACHOMETER spelling and sapphire back.

White Dial/White Subdials has TACHOMETER spelling and sapphire back on all models. This is the most accurate one.

It took alot of searching to compile this, but I'm after the white/white one with a rubber strap. I would love to find evidence of a white/black one with sapphire back and TACHOMETER spelling, but I have not been able to.

maxse

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/11/06
also, before you guys go and buy this, make sure that you are aware that the second hand stutters on this one.

z80

8/6/06
Oh.. and if you search your temp internet files for special-mm2004functionfl[1].swf, you can launch in in a browser whenever you want and it keeps time based on your system clock. I wonder if I can make it a Vista widget...

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
z80 said:
Ok, I've done alot of looking into the GMT Chrono, because that's my next one. Here is what I've found after much searching:

Black dial ONLY has TACHYMETER spelling no matter what. Special Edition has solid case back with race car and "Mille Miglia" on back, regular prod model has sapphire back. Rep has TACHOMETER spelling and sapphire back.

White Dial/Black Subdials only has TACHYMETER spelling no matter what. Solid case back only with race track map. Rep has TACHOMETER spelling and sapphire back.

White Dial/White Subdials has TACHOMETER spelling and sapphire back on all models. This is the most accurate one.

It took alot of searching to compile this, but I'm after the white/white one with a rubber strap. I would love to find evidence of a white/black one with sapphire back and TACHOMETER spelling, but I have not been able to.

I'm by no means a Chopard expert, but I was able to find this pic on Timezone (change "hxxp" to "http"). It shows the white face/black subdial version with the "Tachometer" spelling. I guess it could be a rep, but I doubt it. I don't know about the display caseback, but maybe this makes you feel better about buying the white face with black subs?

hxxp://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t= ... 8005&rid=0

z80

8/6/06
Well.. the search is not yet I suppose.. however, it looks that one has blue minute and hour hands.. this was said to be atrick of the fight in another post, I think they really are blue. Also, does that dial look silver to anyone else?

maxse

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/11/06
the seconds hand stutters...