• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Explorer I JF V2 from ChazingTime, wonderful experience.

valentinerh

Looking Around
15/9/16
Mar 6 - order placed in chazingtime website, very easy to use and place. Within a few hours I was emailed instructions to pay via bank transfer.

Mar 9 - payment sent via bank transfer at my local bank branch.

Mar 12 - emailed me back saying I needed to send them 20 USD more as there was probably a fee on the bank transfer along the way, I promptly PayPal'd them the 20 USD.

Mar 15 - QC photos were sent to me, looked very good however there was no time grapher or lume shot, so I requested these in the next email.

Mar 16 - new QC with the lume and time grapher shot, I liked what I saw and approved.

Mar 19 - mailed.

Mar 25 - an issue arised and my package never left China, and was returned to sender. I emailed chazingtime and they said it might have been intercepted by Chinese customs, so when they recieve the watch they will resend at no cost to me.

Mar 27 - resent.

April 3 - cleared Canadian customs, en route to me.

April 4 - recieved watch.

Overall, the process was very easy, chazingtime was very quick with emails, and seemingly answered my emails at 3am Guangzhou time. I'm not sure if Ken sleeps, lmao. I will definitely order another watch from them again. :)

The watch is a Rolex Explorer I JF V2, and having held and worn a gen one, this one is very very close to the real thing. Little things I notice is when I pull the crown out to 2nd position and change the time it feels different compared to gen, the winding feels a bit different. The movement feel is very different. The dial is very close and the explorer text still reads "E X PLORER" but the spacing between the E and X is maybe a millimeter difference compared to gen, so I'm willing to look past that. The lume is very bright and lasts a decent amount of time. The bracelet feels very comfortable, is very shiny, and overall very good. It even has the half link extension that gen has. The clasp is a little sharp though, and the Rolex logo is a dead giveaway that its fake. Overall though, for a replica, I would definitely say it's almost super rep territory.

Moving forward I plan to time the second gain/loss per day, get it serviced soon by a local watch repair shop that has no problem with replicas, and maybe in a few years look at frakenwatch-ing with a Swiss movement and maybe a gen dial.

Photos : https://imgur.com/a/uhZyD

watchboi

20/6/17
MIA, FL
https://imgur.com/a/d5iCL
Additional photos after a thorough wash .

Congrats, amazing watch!

My experience with ChazingTime has been really good too, in fact I just received an R from them a few days back, and I am very pleased with it.

May I ask how/with what did you wash the watch? I'd like to wash mine too but I am afraid I might destroy it.

valentinerh

Looking Around
15/9/16
I detached the bracelet and rubbed in soapy water and rinsed it thoroughly. The actual watch itself I dabbled water into it, rubbed a very very very small amount of dish soap onto it, then used a damp cloth to get the soap off. I then dried it. I didn't want to just run it under water as I don't 100% trust the water resistance.

Reactions: watchboi

watchboi

20/6/17
MIA, FL
I detached the bracelet and rubbed in soapy water and rinsed it thoroughly. The actual watch itself I dabbled water into it, rubbed a very very very small amount of dish soap onto it, then used a damp cloth to get the soap off. I then dried it. I didn't want to just run it under water as I don't 100% trust the water resistance.

Thanks a lot for these details, I'll be doing the same.

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
You have a very nice watch. The one I got from Puretime totally is a different watch..