• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help me find my cartier tank solo for men

Mrozz

Looking Around
4/5/15
Hello,

I love this model of the cartier, but cannot find it in gold, mens size and gold caseback.

Please help me by posting dealers/website with this watch.

If anyone has experience with quality, please reply, or have photos of purchases please reply

Thanks.
hv3CW.jpg
hvziP.jpg

Last edited:

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
That's a tank, which to my knowledge is aimed at ladies. The largest I've seen is 34mm, and. 36 mm Chronograph model which the Chronograph is faux.

Mrozz

Looking Around
4/5/15
I've found a mid size from Joshua, it looks really good, gold caseback everything.

timeistight

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/10/19
That's a tank, which to my knowledge is aimed at ladies. The largest I've seen is 34mm, and. 36 mm Chronograph model which the Chronograph is faux.

This is not at all true :)
The classic Tank watch was marketed towards men. The classical mens size Tank is 23x30mm (released around 1920), which by todays standard is quite small (but I enjoy wearing it, gives it the classical look).

I've had a gen Tank Solo but the reps are so damn good so I couldn't justify having around 2500USD tied to a watch.

The smaller Tank sizes (like the classical mens size 23x30, and the modern Solo small 24.4mm x 31mm) is nowadays classified as unisex or ladies watches by Cartier.
The larger ones (27mm x 34.8mm) is named unisex or mens. There are even larger ones called XL (31x41mm) which are automatic and real monsters on the wrist, not at all classy IMO.

The 27mm x 34.8mm models is what most men seem to go for. Even though I find it a tad to big :p. Hard to believe when just seeing the measures on paper, but since the backside is completely flat, it does not sit that nicely on the wrist.

Further, the models available are (both gen and rep):

Tank Solo all steel (with or without steel bracelet) in various sizes. Smaller and medium models available with quartz movements, larger in auto and quartz.
Tank Solo "solid" yellow/rose gold, where the case is (in gen) solid gold, but the case back is stainless steel. So it's like a "budget" gold watch, however not plated.

Then we have the luxurious series called Tank Louis Cartier, available in same sizes as Tank Solo, and only in precious metals. They are full solid gold (even caseback), has Guilloche dial and more rounded egdes on the case. They only have manual wound movements.

To the original poster: seems like you want the Tank Louis Cartier, which has the solid gold caseback (not very solid on reps but you get my point :D).
If you are looking for a classical size, the small Tank Louis is a bit too small, even by my standards (they are even smaller than Tank Solo small, Tank LC small is 22x29.5mm). I would go for the unisex size 33.7mm x 25.5mm. Saw them at Puretime!

If you are not insecure about your manliness, men can definitely go for the classical mens size 23x30 to go together with a suit etc.To me, the 23x30 is rock N roll together with just t-shirt and jeans as well. This size is worn by a lot of cool dudes (and girls too ofc) through the ages like Andy Warhol, Clark Gable, Patti Smith, Mohammad Ali.

To vintage Cartier fans, there is a famous quote from Warhol: “I don't wear a Tank watch to tell the time. In fact, I never wind it. I wear a Tank because it's the watch to wear.”

Sorry for the long (and maybe a bit uncalled for :p ) post.

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
I have a 7” wrist but also 6’4” and 220lb so I was worried that a large size tank solo would be too small.

Went to an AD the other day to try on the XL, too big! The large quartz was gorgeous and fit great.

Now to get a rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk