• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

This hurts

Chuckwagon

Horology Curious
11/5/22
So I guess I had to learn the hard way. I'm not dropping any reps names (yet) but I ordered a Cartier Santos 40mm Steel and Yellow Gold. I even sent him screen shots of it off his website. Aboit 10 days later he sents me QC pics and it looks Rose gold and Steel. I ask him to take a few more and this time it's Yellow gold and Steel. I said thanks.. I'll accept it. Well I received Rose gold and steel and he deleted all of our conversation about the Yellow gold and Rose gold. The worse part is.. I Google searched Steel and rose gold or white gold and rose gold, they only ever made a 100th edition that was 32mm. I'm pissed but that's what I get I guess.

Chuckwagon

Horology Curious
11/5/22
It's a 40mm or else I'd give it to my wife. It just sucks bc they never made a steel and rose gold 40mm.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Ah, ok. Thought you meant it was small. Hey, it looks pretty damn nice but I see why you're frustrated.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Excuse my ignorance but What do you mean “he” deleted “our” conversation? Is that even possible? What platform did you use to talk?

Out of interest, Would you want to keep it if someone told you that cartier did indeed make a RG version in say August 2013? .... or you hate it regardless?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
..... I want to be clear in my understanding. They did make this in a limited quantity or this is a fantasy piece in this size? As long as it was made at some point as a genuine I don't see why you would be unhappy. If it was never made this way and is a fantasy piece then I can sympathize. Although ultimately, this is why we need to be careful and do our research. I think many of us here have ended up with this type of situation where we buy something and it's not as we expect. Best course of action if you're not happy is to just list it for sale and move on. You can at least recover part of what you spent.

Reactions: Chuckwagon

brendan777

Golfer
Banned
16/8/12
Sure, it might be a fantasy, but I doubt many people are cognizant of Cartier model and production details. As someone else mentioned, there's always the M2M option.

IMO, I think it looks better than the YG. :D

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Worst case scenario, if u really want the watch then keep it and have the RG bits replated YG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

suppish

Supporter
Certified
1/10/17
No one wants to talk about the potentially shady behaviour of the seller?
Was it a TD?

Reactions: guanaco