• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Navitimer A13022 Franken Build - Advice needed

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Hey Folks

I have a dial for an old Breitling Navitimer that I have been able to purchase years ago for a Franken project. Image Bellow. Its for a A13022; the aim is to have it looking like this: https://www.chrono24.com.au/breitli...um-dial--hands-never-polished--id18641840.htm

My question to whomever knows, what is the best way to get this started. I would love to simply take an off-the shelf rep and stick the gen dial in. The OXF version is Canal St, and I can not in good faith put the gen dial into this body. Will one of the newer 41 reps by KOR work? Or do I have to go the GF route and then source a new 7750 with 12/9/6 subdials

Any tips and tricks are appreciated

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
Can you share the diameter of the dial?

Based off that, I can suggest options.

Looking at the Chrono24 link, size of watch is 42mm so a BP A23322 might be the best option, where you then need to source a 6,9,12 7750 but the dial size will clarify

neon_7

Supporter
Certified
11/3/19
UK
The BP A23322 is 32.6mm so perhaps that case will be a little too big for this dial.

The only option would be the KOR as that is 41mm overall but someone will need to confirm the dial size for that as I’m not sure.

If that does work, you’ll still need a chrono sweeping hand like the one for your watch as it’s not all red but rather silver and red.

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
As much as I as I dislike the OXF case, if the dial fits, it would be your easiest option. You need the same sword hands as the Old Navitimer (in the OXF), not the BP Bentley hands (yes, BP put Bentley hands in the Navitimer).
Unless of course, you can obtain gen sword hands and the datewheel.
Another (wasteful) option would be to buy both BP and OXF reps and cannibalize what you need. The case parts may not mix and match but at least the hands can be used.
Dial diameter is 32.7mm variation of +/- 0.2mm
These are the bezel and case measurements for my BP franken :

ZsFI0X.jpg

ZsFqPc.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Ams55557

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Thank you boys. Appreciate your advice and guidance