• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Top Time Chrono SS/LE Zorro from GF

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
love this watch, TT puts the thickness at 17mm tho, the gen is 14.27mm
Thats a hockey puck on the wrist

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Yes agree the stated thickness is large, not always accurate so very interested to see if it is as big.

Madcap

Known Member
2/10/17
Yes agree the stated thickness is large, not always accurate so very interested to see if it is as big.

im definitely keen on this, but waiting for vids to cfm the thickness. I passed on the premier 01 for this

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
23/10/06
Where I appreciate that GF have gone and made this, I would rather they made the Navitimer 806 Re Edition instead. Perhaps use the 7750 without the auto winding module and calendar, to reduce the overall thickness.
For this Zorro, I wonder if GF removed the calendar module to reduce the thickness...

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
Have compared some pictures of the gen with the one on Trusty‘s site, and can not believe, that the thickness of the watch is 17mm.
Hopefully, otherwise this would be a deal breaker forma very nice rep of a very cool Breitling.

Last edited:

seafoam

20/9/09
Good looking watch for sure but the colors look off to me. The gen dial looks more off white or antique white and the gen red hands/red on dial looks more vibrant imo. Could just be the lighting but i dont think so.

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
Good looking watch for sure but the colors look off to me. The gen dial looks more off white or antique white and the gen red hands/red on dial looks more vibrant imo. Could just be the lighting but i dont think so.

I looked at a lot of different pictures from the gen and on some of them, the dial looked clear white and on some it looked a bit antique white. Also the red of the hands looks different on the pictures. So i guess the lightning has a lot to do with these differences in the shade of these colours.
I also sent an email to Trusty to confirm the thickness(which was stated with 17mm). They told me to check again with the factory and this morning the thickness was corrected on the website of Trusty to 14,2mm.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Still waiting for the video to see how it looks on different angles.

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Ditto. I will pay close attention to the AR.

And the thickness...was 17mm then questioned and now 14.2mm exact as gen - I’m a little unsure it would be that exact.

But overall it does look like a nice release.

trombone

Certified
26/3/06
It usually takes a few days, after the release of a watch on the webpage, that they post the videos. So i guess it should be there soon. I noticed, that no other TD has posted this watch yet.

etj4588

Horology Curious
22/10/17
Z1GJ51.jpg

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Well that does look good, thanks for confirming measurements.