Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breitling Premier finally released!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Breitling Premier finally released!



    Andrew at Trusty (I know...just don't.) has just posted four variations of the new Breitling Premier chrono on his site. Other than the sunken date wheel, this thing looks the biz. Quality looks to be VSF or GF. I'm awaiting more details shortly...

    #2
    Emailed puretime for the 40mm Premier in blue a few days ago, the replica gods answered my prayers in some way.

    Comment


      #3
      Quality looks amazing, 10 x better than the last navitimer GF released.

      Comment


        #4
        The panda is lush....
        No price yet


        Sent from my iPhone using RWI

        Comment


          #5
          The green looks good, barley notice the date wheel!

          Comment


            #6
            448usd.... pricey!


            Sent from my iPhone using RWI

            Comment


              #7
              And GF

              Comment


                #8
                Pricey? The Noob Pepsi is pricey. This seems to be in line with most new release chronographs. The case is a custom job...no other watch is like it. It’s not going to sell like a Submariner, so I can understand the price point.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'll buy one for sure. Not sure about the date wheel. Looks less pronounced/obvious on the darker colored date wheels.

                  I guess I don't fully understand the sunken date wheel. Can someone that knows explain why it has to be this way? Is there a reasonable fix for this?
                  Really... ....... :P

                  Comment


                    #10
                    The fix is for someone to rep the 7753 movement so the minute register is natively at 3. That way you wouldn’t need a transfer gear to move the register to the three. It’s that gear which adds extra space and is between the dial and the date wheel.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      This looks great - will follow with interest.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I’ve been looking to see if these would arrive to the rep scene! So glad they have.

                        I have seen a gen in a local jewellers in green though, and it’s a lot darker and more “olive” in tone, than the green used in the rep by the looks of it.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Simonix View Post
                          I’ve been looking to see if these would arrive to the rep scene! So glad they have.

                          I have seen a gen in a local jewellers in green though, and it’s a lot darker and more “olive” in tone, than the green used in the rep by the looks of it.
                          Please don't take this as an insult as it is not meant to be.... As you are new you likely don't know this.

                          Usually when you see different shades of a color in pictures online it has more to do with the lighting and the person taking the pictures than it does with the actual color. I would NOT make any sort of judgment on the likeness of the green or any of the other colors until I saw side by side pics of both the gen and rep taken by the same person with the same camera settings in the same controlled lighting.

                          I'm not saying you didn't see a different color green at the AD than you see in pics, but I am saying they are likely to be much closer than you think.

                          Trust me on this one....
                          Last edited by Nanook65; 07-03-20, 16:33.
                          Really... ....... :P

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Ams55557 View Post
                            The fix is for someone to rep the 7753 movement so the minute register is natively at 3. That way you wouldn’t need a transfer gear to move the register to the three. It’s that gear which adds extra space and is between the dial and the date wheel.
                            Thanks! That makes sense, but wouldn't there be a way to add some sort of "washer" under the date wheel to raise it up and make it closer to the dial?

                            I guess thinking about how a date wheel works it has teeth on it, right? Of course it does, so the washer would also have to have teeth on it. Still, I don't see why GF or whoever wouldn't do this.

                            What about adding a thin overlay date donut that is the same thickness as the extra gear?
                            Really... ....... :P

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Nanook65 View Post

                              Please don't take this as an insult as it is not meant to be.... As you are new you likely don't know this.

                              Usually when you see different shades of a color in pictures online it has more to do with the lighting and the person taking the pictures than it does with the actual color. I would NOT make any sort of judgment on the likeness of the green or any of the other colors until I saw side by side pics of both the gen and rep taken by the same person with the same camera settings in the same controlled lighting.

                              I'm not saying you didn't see a different color green at the AD than you see in pics, but I am saying they are likely to be much closer than you think.

                              Trust me on this one....

                              Duly noted. I agree. White balance can make a big difference in photos (I do photography as a hobby as well as spend silly money on rep watches! Haha).

                              Was surprised at how “bright” the green appears on the TD site though. The strap included.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X