• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Navitimer Cosmonaute

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
My favorite Navitimer by far is the Cosmonaute. It's just so much different from the usual crowd with the 24hr dial. The gen is quite possibly the most undervalued watch out there in my opinion.

The reps I see on trusty and Perfect Clones seem to be very old (they were added to their sites years ago). I'm wondering if there is anyone out there with any detailed info on Cosmonaute reps. I'm cool with either quartz or 7750. Any info about these guys would be awesome.
4540f57bd7322140ce31c4a8905f192a.jpg
336c98c9387a6833575f5370ec4152c6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OldNavitimer

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
22/1/19
The Cosmonaute hasn’t gotten any love by the good factories in many years. Mainly because Breitling let it wither on the vine. The last new Cosmo rep was the quartz cheapie version of the Cosmo Blacksteel, which was less than desirable. There was one for sale on the forums earlier this year IIRC and I almost thought about buying it, but the pics showed a very low quality of construction that I could never see myself wearing. I don’t even think the stuff on Trusty and PC websites are even available anymore. More to the point, I don’t think any of the reps ever had a working 24hr movement. The problem is the Cosmo is in a 3-6-9 config - if it were 6-9-12 you could drive the hour hand off the GMT hand of a 7753 from a Navi World. And I’m pretty sure nobody ever made a quartz movement that ran in 24hr.

Reactions: Soxxgo2

Soxxgo2

Renowned Member
2/2/15
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for the detailed info guys! I had a feeling they were long gone. Funny thing is I saw a review for a navitimer on dhgate and the person that uploaded the photo was wearing a Cosmonaute. This was on a review for a cheap $70 navitimer rep. Interesting.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk