• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Recommend me a strap for my superocean II black

Gix22

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
12/7/15
United States
Really happy with this watch, though the strap it came with is quite crappy. Looking for any recommendations, full metal, nato, leather(?), perlon etc. Thanks!

VMPeQe.jpg

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I bought the Aero's on eBay. Black is about $125ish. The Deployant is known as "Gen" from ANF for about $170. It is worth the price.
AD is offering both rubber + deployant clasp for $450. Now which is better option? Thanks.

FYI: This is for my gen breitling.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
AD is offering both rubber + deployant clasp for $450. Now which is better option? Thanks.

FYI: This is for my gen breitling.

It is about $150 more for both Gen items. I think the AN Factory deployant is exceptional quality for a Rep. I have bought 6 of them. with Gen Rubber straps and Staib Mesh bracelets. But if I was buying for one of my Gen Breitling's I would go all Gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: MarkMarky

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
It is about $150 more for both Gen items. I think the AN Factory deployant is exceptional quality for a Rep. I have bought 6 of them. with Gen Rubber straps and Staib Mesh bracelets. But if I was buying for one of my Gen Breitling's I would go all Gen.
Thanks

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
Now this breakdown I didn't expect for $450: Strap $75 + Clasp $375 from AD. Wow!!

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
I bought the Aero's on eBay. Black is about $125ish. The Deployant is known as "Gen" from ANF for about $170. It is worth the price.

tkingjr What would you pick between $180 ANF clasp versus $325 gen clasp ? The price difference is closer now.

Also, what about complete rep clasp 'if that's available' from TDs?

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
MarkMarky
I keep buying the ANF version because I bought about 10. If I was buying one I would have bought the Gen. I just bought two more in Black Steel so I picked the Rep again. Every Rep clasp that came from the TD's I replaced with the exception of the Bandit. The deployant on the Bandit was the same as ANF's only in titanium (not sure if it is really Ti.) Remember if you install the ANF on a mesh bracelet you can't remove it. I have to add my warning note.

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
tkingjr thanks lot, might get 2 ANF for 1 gen if quality is close.

Forgot to ask 1 question though. Do we have any brushed clasp? All I see is polished clasp which might be jarring with Superocean series.

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
MarkMarky I never asked for a brushed. The Ti version is brushed. I am not sure of the Black Steel I ordered. All my polished deployants are on mesh or rubber straps so they look good with the watch. If you need a photo of a specific SOH let me know the model number and I will look to see if I have it.