• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Blacksteel Chronomat GF

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
On closer inspection. Bezel pearl color is wrong, yellow looks off and date wheel font is incorrect.

Reactions: vcappp

vicad

Renowned Member
14/6/15
I'm really disappointed with this one... Yellow is really off, it looks just like the old faded yellow avenger seawolf. Pearl is off too..

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I was so excited but that faded looking closer...agree with all of the above.

On the plus side GF had a crack at the blacksteel deployant! And still making the bigger sizes.

Hope they have a crack at the Raven!

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Ok so looking forward repping the blacksteel deployant I'm going to assume they would not have done so for one release...hoping there are more releases not too far off!

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
I think the pearl look good and I think the yellow will be better irl then under the lightning.
The datewheel is not great, that I agree on. I don't think GF will let us down.

Lucky for me there is a gen displayed at my local AD to verify... Ordered this one to see how it is but with no intention to keep it. I needed a set of rubber deployant straps and no TD wanted to deliver without ordering the watch.

Will report back when she arrives!

Greetz!

Reactions: Mixcoast and vicad

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
I think the pearl look good and I think the yellow will be better irl then under the lightning.
The datewheel is not great, that I agree on. I don't think GF will let us down.

Lucky for me there is a gen displayed at my local AD to verify... Ordered this one to see how it is but with no intention to keep it. I needed a set of rubber deployant straps and no TD wanted to deliver without ordering the watch.

Will report back when she arrives!

Greetz!

Very interested to see how the watch looks and maybe more so how well the blacksteel deployment has been repped as I may need to flip my gen if it is good enough!

Keep us posted mate!

nanoman

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/2/15
PNW
Yes, the yellow looks much better. The fit and finishing looks great. I also compared this to some gen pics and all the details seem to be there.

We all know about the date wheel, but I am still not sure about the pearl color.

Bart Bever , please post some pics when you receive your watch.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Yes, the yellow looks much better. The fit and finishing looks great. I also compared this to some gen pics and all the details seem to be there.

We all know about the date wheel, but I am still not sure about the pearl color.

Bart Bever , please post some pics when you receive your watch.

Awaiting QCs

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
Sorry guys... found a TD thats willing to ship the straps and deployants without buying the watch :)
The depolyants however I can test soon.
the yellow from the puretime website looks good. Also on the list at Trusty, sure the video will be uploaded soon.

Greetz!

tkingjr

Watches & woodworking
Gold Patron
Certified
7/4/16
Northeast USA and Shenzhen, China
Sorry guys... found a TD that's willing to ship the straps and deployments without buying the watch :)
The depolyants however I can test soon.
the yellow from the puretime website looks good. Also on the list at Trusty, sure the video will be uploaded soon.

Greetz!

Which TD will sell you the strap and deployment? I was considering buying the watch just to get the DLC deployment.

Last edited:

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium
Which TD will see you the strap and deployment ? I was considering buying the watch just to get the DLC deployment.

Hi guys,
That was also my idea but no one wanted to sell only the straps... until this morning Ryan from Intime replied they could do it.
Placed my order, still waiting for the confirmation.

Greetz!

Reactions: vcappp

Bart Bever

8/2/13
Belgium

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Hi guys,
That was also my idea but no one wanted to sell only the straps... until this morning Ryan from Intime replied they could do it.
Placed my order, still waiting for the confirmation.

Greetz!

How much is it?