• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling Rep by Big dealer on Chrono24

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
I found this:

https://www.chrono24.com/de/breitlin...DE&SETCURR=EUR

look at the sticker on crystal. Isn't the newest Breitling factory called GF? I thought this seller was quite reputable on chrono24

how common is it for this type of dealers to sneak in high end reps in their offerings?

Unbelievable! I know that dealer, as you say it's quite reputable...something is definitely wrong there, the pic is coming from a well-known scam site:

https://www.chinanoobwatch.com/brei...824-2.html?search_query=superocean&results=38

mauricio612

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
This is unbelievable

Envoyé de mon SM-G925F en utilisant Tapatalk

greenfield

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
11/3/13
I thought that Chrono24 was supposed to have some good quality control as well. Proves that you really gotta think twice about where you buy a gen from

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
I found this:

look at the sticker on crystal. Isn't the newest Breitling factory called GF?

Yes, TT sells GF reps as "the best Breitling replicas" or something called like that. They are not cheap.

I guess they mixed the photos, that sticker is quite instant tell:D

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
I thought that Chrono24 was supposed to have some good quality control as well. Proves that you really gotta think twice about where you buy a gen from
Chrono24 ain't what it used to be

Sellers and watch adverts are no longer thoroughly checked

I'll explain im detail my latest experience. You will be surprised

Envoyé de mon SM-G925F en utilisant Tapatalk

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
So the story is pretty simple

I search for a limited Edition Navitimer on Chrono 24, 500 pieces were produced in 2012

Good news, I find 2 results:

- Seller A is German and advertises the watch for 5300€ + shipping. Condtion is 0 which means never worn. Only 1 picture in his add showing the watch face up

- Seller B is Russian and advertises the watch for 4700€ + shipping. Condition is 1 (means used but mint). A lot ofo pictures of the actual watch are available. I cna even see the LE number 81/500 on the side of the case

Both sellers have the Trusted Seller status and several successful trades.

I make an offer to both sellers. Both accept my offer. The German guy sends me a pic of the papers and I notice they are stamped with Russian letters

I ask him what the serial number is and he responds quickly: ''81/500'

So Seller A is a freaking scammer advertising a used watch as new with the intention of buying the watch from dealer B if he gets a buyer and then ships it to him, making a healthy profit

Cool story no?

Both watches are still here on Chrono24

https://www.chrono24.fr/breitling/navitimer-blue-sky-le-60th-anniversary--id8076694.htm

https://www.chrono24.fr/breitling/navitimer-blue-sky-le-60th-anniversary--id8014360.htm

Reactions: MarkTellsTime

BIONONE

28/4/17
So the story is pretty simple

I search for a limited Edition Navitimer on Chrono 24, 500 pieces were produced in 2012

Good news, I find 2 results:

- Seller A is German and advertises the watch for 5300€ + shipping. Condtion is 0 which means never worn. Only 1 picture in his add showing the watch face up

- Seller B is Russian and advertises the watch for 4700€ + shipping. Condition is 1 (means used but mint). A lot ofo pictures of the actual watch are available. I cna even see the LE number 81/500 on the side of the case

Both sellers have the Trusted Seller status and several successful trades.

I make an offer to both sellers. Both accept my offer. The German guy sends me a pic of the papers and I notice they are stamped with Russian letters

I ask him what the serial number is and he responds quickly: ''81/500'

So Seller A is a freaking scammer advertising a used watch as new with the intention of buying the watch from dealer B if he gets a buyer and then ships it to him, making a healthy profit

Cool story no?

Both watches are still here on Chrono24

https://www.chrono24.fr/breitling/navitimer-blue-sky-le-60th-anniversary--id8076694.htm

https://www.chrono24.fr/breitling/navitimer-blue-sky-le-60th-anniversary--id8014360.htm

sometimes it's just unreal when it comes to a few grands and the seller is uploading pictures which seem to be taken with a calculator...

this is kind of disrespecting the buyer which is willing to spend the amount of money for such a shitty attitude... The same with some AP ROO on chrono24. When you're lucky enough you will find a seller which is showing the actual watch... even if its just the face. The majority just uses computer generated pictures... Its just ridiculous

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
Damn...I saw this when doing some research and just had to laugh!

Either the seller just just googled some images for listing pics or is just a scammer.

Tempted to message and ask what the sticker stands for just to see the response!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Yes, TT sells GF reps as "the best Breitling replicas" or something called like that. They are not cheap.

I guess they mixed the photos, that sticker is quite instant tell:D

All the TDS sell them. I got a GF Colt from Sead. Why would he leave the sticker on it? Especially with “sapphire?”

k4jun

Ω Section Moderator
Section Moderator
Certified
25/4/15
All the TDS sell them. I got a GF Colt from Sead. Why would he leave the sticker on it? Especially with “sapphire?”

Could be so. I don't know much about the B reps. I like few models but don't know the reps.
What do you think about GF Colt, worth the money?

Hard to say what drove him to upload this photo. He can have gen but was just lazy in taking the photos, hence googled for them and by accident uploaded the photo of rep.
Or, has rep and was super lazy in the photos, hence just uploaded the photo from the source from which he bought it.
I guess, unless we flood him with the PMs we won't know what is his watch.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Could be so. I don't know much about the B reps. I like few models but don't know the reps.
What do you think about GF Colt, worth the money?

Hard to say what drove him to upload this photo. He can have gen but was just lazy in taking the photos, hence googled for them and by accident uploaded the photo of rep.
Or, has rep and was super lazy in the photos, hence just uploaded the photo from the source from which he bought it.
I guess, unless we flood him with the PMs we won't know what is his watch.

The GF reps are very nice. I think they are every bit as good, if not better, than the old H Factory Breitling reps. I just don't see how this guy could be such a dumbass.

aDIdvvz.jpg

Reactions: k4jun