• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review: Breitling Avenger Skyland v3

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
IMG_2356PS.jpg

This watch is just WOW! It has all the characteristics of a tool watch which I luv (big, heavy, thick) combined with a flawless super high mirror polish finish that makes it suitable for a night out on the town (because, like a magpie, we all know women love shiny objects...lol).

IMG_2388PS.jpg

The dial IMO is captivating, not too busy as some Breitlings, yet definitly not plain or boring. At first glance it's the stencil arabic numbers that jump out at you, second glance the chrono dials and from there you start getting lost in all the details.

IMG_2358PS.jpg

IMG_2391PS.jpg

IMG_2359PS.jpg

Then you start to move on to all the details of the case design, bezel, pearl, crown & chrono pushers...

IMG_2390PS-1.jpg

IMG_2406PS.jpg

IMG_2395PS.jpg

IMG_2416PS.jpg

Take a look at the case back, which is also done to perfection including font, model number & serial number.

IMG_2364PS.jpg

IMG_2369PS.jpg

From the case your eyes flow down following the bracelet's links which are done on a bias...

IMG_2399PS.jpg

IMG_2400PS.jpg

IMG_2370PS.jpg

IMG_2408PS.jpg

If you like Breitling, and you like tool watches that have a dressier side to them, but you can't pull off a Super Avenger at 48mm, than the Avenger Skyland at 45mm is for you! I know this and my DSSD, also from Mary, will be getting the most wrist time from my collection. Both are truly in the leauge of "Super Reps", which for me is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for reading
GC

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
Congrats GC on you beautiful watch and your amazing review...Very nice photos,i am impressed from the details and the unbelievable good ar...I almost cant see the glass!!!Nice one!!!!!!!!!!!

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Indeed very mice pic´s :D

Now I know what Breitling rep I will suggest my brother that´s been nagging on me to sell my Gen since he doesn´t think reps "look good enough"
This one does for sure :MousePanic:

mr_clark

Getting To Know The Place
30/3/10
Watchinternational?

Sorry. Stupid noob question here.

Who exactly is watchinternational? I took a look through the trusted dealer list and can't see that name there (although I might just be blind to it or something)

Oops. Never mind. puretimewatch.com, right?

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10

acharria

Respected Member
26/10/09
No, is not against the rules....
RWI members remember that watch international is not a [BLINK]trusted dealer[/BLINK] here at RWI...

Mary/WatchInternational is a trusted dealer on RWG.

I don't think it's against any rules if I post her site (mods, if it is plz remove)

Btw, keep the good work G.C. thanks for sharing... please do some TUTORIAL about MACRO shots...Tks.

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
Btw, keep the good work G.C. thanks for sharing... please do some TUTORIAL about MACRO shots...Tks.

Thanks ach, I appreciate that very much!

hmmm... tutorial huh... I think I'm too new around here to be posting those kind of threads. I'll leave it up to the more experienced and seasoned veterans such as By-Tor, Pix & Spirit (in alphabetical order!).

avenger007

Respected Member
Advisor
21/2/09
Nice shots as always, G. I wish I had your touch, my friend.

DARKOPS

25/3/10
Great photos and review on the skyland. How is the feel of the bracelet, did you have to oil it or work it in at all? How long did it take after ordering did you receive it as I always buy from MR but may take a chance. Also do you have photos of the DSSD as well I want to pick one up....which model did you grab as a out of the box style. Thanks

GC

I'm Pretty Popular
1/2/10
Nice shots as always, G. I wish I had your touch, my friend.

You're too kind 007, I appreciate that a whole lot my friend.

Great photos and review on the skyland. How is the feel of the bracelet, did you have to oil it or work it in at all? How long did it take after ordering did you receive it as I always buy from MR but may take a chance. Also do you have photos of the DSSD as well I want to pick one up....which model did you grab as a out of the box style. Thanks

Thanks DARKOPS,
the bracelet feels quite solid, at first it was a little stiff but has already become much smoother in wraping around the wrist. After ordering it took two days for Mary to get back to me with pics of the actual watch, she actually had one a day after I ordered but she wasn't happy with the lume dots so she exchanged it for a better one. From shipping off to delivery it took 6 days including a week end and a missed delivery. Regarding the DSSD i got, I wrote a review that is posted on RWG if you care to read it: http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4159

alwayslate

7/5/08
Great shots, only gripe I have with this V3 is the lume dots. The prototype always look good but the actual thing will have some misalignment issues. Nevertheless, a nice piece. I scored myself a V2 recently, grey dial, happy as ever. Can't stop at one, now hunting down a black dial and possibly buying back another blacksteel (sold mine a montha go, regretting it now).

mw1015

Renowned Member
26/1/09
great choice of watch and great macro photography mate.

i also have to gripe about the lume dots on the V3 but as we all know, reps are not perfect and never will be.

Breitest24

18/2/10
Just had to tell you i woke up and had to take another look at those fantastic pictures lol.

Trapi

29/3/10
Really nice pics G.C.!!!! I keep looking at them constantly!!!!
I bought myself a V3 last week and still waiting for it...

reeder139

Supporter
14/4/09
Great pictures mate and a beautiful watch! Who could argue with that?

Klockis

Renowned Member
5/5/10
Fantastic pictures and review.
I think I must pick me up a blacksteel :)

z9opw3zj

9/10/09
WOW-WOW-WOW What BEAUTIFUL pictures and what an ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS WATCH.

I actually wanted to buy Pix' Paul Picot, was too late, but ended up buying pcsam's Air Force Blue Avenger Skyland :)

And after seeing these pics... Actually glad that the PP was sold ;)

Thanks G! For taking the time to make these SUPER pics and posting this review!

Wear your 'Berti' in good health... I will mine (when it comes in!) :D