• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

REVIEW: Comparison of replica and genuine BREITLING Steelfish

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Great review as always. Thanks man.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
The latest blue ETA Rep from MrReplica has a very good dial on it. I hope jerryss posts some really good pictures when he recieves it. The holographic effect is what I am referring too.

Thanks for putting this review together BT. :)

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Nicely done!
It is good to see how flat the lume dots are on the gen. Why would that be so hard for the rep factories to do?

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
The latest blue ETA Rep from MrReplica has a very good dial on it. I hope jerryss posts some really good pictures when he recieves it. The holographic effect is what I am referring too.

Thanks for putting this review together BT. :)

You're welcome man.

Sounds good. It would be nice if they could improve the dial. Rest of the rep is so amazing (on the Ultimate ETA version).

Nicely done!
It is good to see how flat the lume dots are on the gen. Why would that be so hard for the rep factories to do?

No idea. But if you look at the photo of the older gen version (with polished middle links, in my review) you'll see that it has more protruded lume dots. At least the circles are fatter just like on reps.

I think they sometimes rely on the factory photos of the gens which can be deceiving.

watchman1

Renowned Member
21/11/06
Great review. I love side-by-side comparisons. Btw, I have to blue dial SOSF and I love it/wear it often.

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I like my rep fish. A gen? nah, I'd spend the money on a different gen :) watch is plainly too thick and heavy to justify spending a couple grand on. rep is beautiful and price is just right.

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
I like my rep fish. A gen? nah, I'd spend the money on a different gen :) watch is plainly too thick and heavy to justify spending a couple grand on. rep is beautiful and price is just right.

I agree. Rep is a great choice for a "casual Fish fan". It's very nice.

I just happen to like the Fish a lot. It's actually my favorite Breitling and favorite diver watch. So for me gen was a great option.

Cool runnin'.

Yannou

10/2/07
EU
It's a great watch By-Tor....Just bought the same in Silver and the dial of the gen is completly different from the colour of the rep..I will take time for some pics about mine too..
Nethertheless the rep is badly good

reeder139

14/4/09
Wow, that is a great review of my favourite watch of all time. I'm glad I stumbled across that in another of your posts.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Damn it! I just happened to have my rep on while reading this once more and just realised the pearl has droped out sometime in the last few days. Was washing up today, I bet the heat and steam did the bloody glue in!

Now, where the hell am I gunna get a SOSF pearl huh?

Col.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
great review BT, thanks for putting it together. I own a black andi love it. Somehow, blue is not my color for watches and it is good that everybody has a different taste

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
Thanks, all.

I added very informative link to the review. It's a BreitlingSource article that explains the differences between original (old) 42mm Steelfish and the newer Steelfish X-Plus 44mm (my gen and rep).

Enjoy it here.

It might come in handy for people who are looking for the gen.

alwayslate

7/5/08
Nicely done....that gen looks delicious! Now I'm gonna pull the trigger on the black rep. Yes, I'm a cheapskate. LOL.