• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review / Rep vs Gen: 2014 Breitling Navitimer World

TX_Joe

Horology Curious
5/11/15
Just got it back from Ryan, it has trash under the crystal and now the pushers dont work.

Relaxman

Renowned Member
3/8/06
I originally owned a gen white dial World several years ago but like a fool I sold it . Fast forward to late last year I ordered the Rep white dial world. It is indeed a very nice watch and well made but the dial color was way off. It had more of a beige/ goldish tone compared to the Gen . It never left the house and sold it a few days after I received it. Black probably is a different story. I liked my last gen so much I bought another this past December.
abb559b364f63243201b412e61925c75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yechkim

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/2/16
I originally owned a gen white dial World several years ago but like a fool I sold it . Fast forward to late last year I ordered the Rep white dial world. It is indeed a very nice watch and well made but the dial color was way off. It had more of a beige/ goldish tone compared to the Gen . It never left the house and sold it a few days after I received it. Black probably is a different story. I liked my last gen so much I bought another this past December.
abb559b364f63243201b412e61925c75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of getting the same black one. Is that the BP edition? Which dealer?

vanrud

Horology Curious
16/5/16
Great watch. Just wondering are all the subdials positioned and works like gen?
What about the GMT function?

kennycoder

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
10/9/12
So.. small update.. I've managed to source gen dial, hands and crystal is incoming next week.

Rep dial vs gen dial: (gen on the right):

zDvfcO5.jpg
DCyJVx2.jpg

The difference in terms of quality of print is not that big, subdials are much smoother and nicer on the gen but the biggest tell (as well as on Navi 01) is the paint type.. genuine uses some kind of silver reflecting paint that is simply stunning when the light hits it. Kinda like sunburst effect.

uyUlnop.jpg

As for hands, the GMT hand is different, has less red paint and overall the cutout is better:

Qj7vU76g.jpg

Regarding the crystal.. rep is pretty damn good, but the AR is not as strong and it doesn't have the dome effect as gen has when you look at it from the side.

With the gen dial, slide rule doesn't align properly BUT after doing quiet some research (especially on breitlingsource and checking some gens) this is an issue even with the genuine watches. Apparently breitling updated the dial somewhere mid 2014 and added "swiss made" on the bottom, but not all models got the updated slide rule so it never aligns properly.

For example:

IMG_0891.jpg

Or even worse:

heOFDFf.jpg

So.. no harm done
smile.png

Hope this was helpful.