• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish (SOSF) Review/Photo Shoot *PIC HEAVY*

B3ard

17/10/12
Hey there RWI'ers, I'm BACK AGAIN!

I had a photo shoot of my Super Skyland Avenger BlackSteel, but now it's time for the legendary Breitling SuperOcean Steelfish, also known as Breitling SOSF. There is plenty of history to be seen within the Breitling Replicas forums, so I'll save you on the history lesson. But I can offer a wonderful gallery of high definition pictures, and some not so high definition close ups! I'd love to give you a little bit of background first:

Purchased From ToroBravo, and here's my review to go a long with it: http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=188634

Now it's been a few days since I received the watch and I just wanted to give it a little review so people can get one of their own! It's a beautiful piece and would love to see more of them around the forum.

Here's all the technical jargin for those crazed enthusiasts! :daffy:

DESCRIPTION: From the H Factory, a new remake of the Steelfish

CASE: Stainless Steel

MOVEMENT: Silver Plated Asian clone 25J, High beat 28800

DIMENSIONS: 44.5 x 16.5mm

CRYSTAL: Sapphire with Double Sided AR Coating

STRAP / BRACELET: Stainless Steel

After 2 or 3 days of wearing this watch non stop/all day until I go to bed, it's been strapped to my wrist. No joke, it's literally gone EVERYWHERE with me, and I even ride my bike to work and it is pretty bumpy. All of that said, this movement is GREAT, it's only 15 seconds a head, maybe even less, which is great for a rep, that's almost gen territory, if not better!

I polished the brushed stainless steel band with my nifty cape cod cloth, and got this thing shining! It's a perfect shade of polished and brushed, it's in a league of its own, especially since it's a Breitling strap, I've had many compliments on it. You can tell it's a Breitling from a mile away, I love it!

All the lume is applied evenly, nothing to me is standing out that would make this watch not seem gen, but then again, devils in the details! AM I RIGHT?! There's like one little dark spec in the lume on the pearl, but it's only noticeable if your sitting there inspecting the watch from 6 inches from your face lol. They claim it's super lumed, but it's simply factory super lumed, it is better than your typical lume, I'll give them that, but definitely not cwazy super lume!

The bezel clicks beautifully, and is not stiff but not loose like some can get. The clicks sound nice and firm and don't give any trouble. The SEL/Fit of the strap is a dime a dozen, it really is great. Nice and snug, and no hair pulling or anything, it's really comfortable and hefty! All the engravings are nice and deep on the clasp/caseback/bezel, no real complaints there, looks really impressive.

The dial is done wonderfully, no complaints there either. It has the nice ringed pattern to it which made me want this watch in the first place, it really does give it that cool 3D looking effect like everyone says! All in all this is a great piece, and for the price I fetched it at, it's a steal! You get a super rep for a super affordable amount!

Forgot to mention, the crown screws in nicely, and doesn't give me any trouble at all. The time and date changes very smoothly, no catches or anything of the sort, buttery! The AR on the watch has been applied magnificently, you can really tell these guys have done a great job at replicating these things, it's unbelievable.

That little review is done, I don't know if it is considered "little" but I went over everything that I wanted to talk about. Now it's time for the photo shoot! I hope this thread gets some nomination for the great pictures and description of the watch, but just seeing people reply to the thread would be great, I love conversations about time pieces. With out a further due, I welcome the Breitling SOSF Galleria!

Starting with the high definition photos shrunken to allow for easier viewing, we'll then go to the macro/close ups that were taken with my cell phone. The first set of pictures will be from my DSLR camera, let me know what everyone thinks! I'd love some positive feedback. Enjoy!

t2ZSEnZ.jpg

KeeRYLk.jpg

rxfqZsC.jpg

qXKJgPS.jpg

NL0xqkL.jpg

p0mHzQz.jpg

q2wuaqF.jpg

YD8BuQ0.jpg

i8lwuWK.jpg

SMyXith.jpg

fSjS6ZC.jpg

ESOrlBg.jpg

Hopefully you guys are enjoying your view of the pictures I took the time to setup and edit and what not, I really love the art of photography, and to combine it with luxury is an excellent opportunity that I enjoy doing. I hope those images above this were to your satisfaction, if you have any input on improvements/opinions/props/etc, let me know, and I'll try to use that positive criticism is my next post/purchase. Now let's move onto the close ups, these aren't going to be of the same quality because they're from a cell phone and I don't have a macro lens yet for my DSLR. I know that pics are pics to most people here, so I'm sure all of you will be excited either way! Let's begin! :spank:

xi1qVT9.jpg

xH6UfjP.jpg
I0wiI3D.jpg

UnKLq5O.jpg

ZWlkvPi.jpg

cRKSRFR.jpg

qxta6z0.jpg

EBH0UmE.jpg

ftITPrb.jpg

Alright ladies and gents, that is the conclusion to my Review and Photo Shoot/Gallery! I don't really know what else to say considering how many photos that I just posted and shared with everyone, and either way, a picture means a 1000 words! So I'd have quite a few thousand words written then, hope you all don't mind!

I love this piece and I really hope this post has inspired a few people to pick one up when they have the funds available, they pop up in the members sales all the time too, too bad you'll never see mine up there! Thank you guys so much for taking your own time to read my post and if possible, leave a comment on what you thought of the thread. Thank you so much!

B3ard

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
No wonder you like the watch so much, it's a great rep and you did a good job with the pics.
Nice review, thanks for sharing :)

B3ard

17/10/12
Oh wow.. kilowattore commented on my thread!

That's crazy, you're like a Breitling Legend to me! Seeing your SOSF review/comparison is what inspired me to pick one of these up, and the fact that I've been wanting a Breitling for so long! I'm considering a gen used sosf, they run like 2G's

I am really happy you left a comment and a positive one too! That made my day sir :)

I appreciate you taking the time to say nice things about my thread, I love seeing your posts

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Glad you liked my review as well, but really, calling me a Breitling legend made me smile, I'm just a member like anyone else, mate :)

Btw this is the only watch I really considered buying gen so far, its design is just flawless. Only thing that stops me is I like more the square seconds hand instead of the arrow shaped one.

B3ard

17/10/12
Hah well hey, when noobs such as myself learn the way of watch photography from a member like you, you're a Breitling legend in my eyes :)

Yeah I agree on the arrow shaped thing, The square seconds oozes a little bit more class

Thanks for the comments!

B3ard

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Thanks for very nice review. This took you some time to put together. Rep points are on the way!

Hyjynx

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/13
I have one just like that and your photos have made me fall in love all over again. Nice effort! :D

"Such a lovely place.... This could be Heaven or this could be Hell. We are all just prisoners here, of our own device. Relax, we are programmed to receive. You can check-out any time you like. But you can never leave!" - Adapted from "Hotel California" by Eagles

Pasha

Renowned Member
9/10/13
I just got the black version from Toro and it is indeed a really nice piece. So close to gen but for so little money!

I have an ocean racer rubber strap with deployant clasp coming soon, will post pics then.

Pasha

B3ard

17/10/12
Great Q5? ! Thanks a ton, I appreciate it :)

But I know everyone! These pieces are great, I would have got the black thats closer to gen, but the blue appealed far too much

If I may make a suggestion, take a cape cod polishing cloth to the stainless steel strap, it REALLY makes it pop

I would love to get a rubber strap when I can for the summer lol, it gets hot! Don't want to get the metal strap all gunky :)

I appreciate all the praise! I love this community

B3ard

D

d4m.test

Great review and great watch. Fantastic pics, this steelblue is really beautiful, I´ve got the white fish with green lume. This here shines in bluish turquoise, nice touch.

frogman

31/10/06
Nice review. I picked up a gen a few years ago with the black dial. One of my favorite watches!

Pauly404

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/14
B3ard, would you all this a super rep? Also, how does it's quality compare to a noob Omega PO? That's my benchmark for a quality rep.