• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SEAWOLF Grey V2 Review and lotsa pics

optical

Renowned Member
31/1/10
IMG_9900.jpg

I have been wanting this watch for long time, and thought I would never get one once the v1's were discontinued, but a year or so later, the V2 arrived and I didn't want to miss it again!

My first foray into breitling was the Skyland Avenger, and I loved that watch first time I was blown away by a rep. Only issue was the 7750, gave me issues, and this perked up my interest in the skyland. Watch with the same avenger platform, but with no chrono's to go wrong, a 6mm thick sapphire crystal and with a swiss movement! Im tough on my watches, and I need a watch that can take punishment. I found my match.

Changes to V2. It seems the only change was dial update, but it is much much better than the V1 dial so a substantial change. I have a friend that has a black V1, and the lume markers are really bad, very off centre on his watch. Others fared better, but still were not great, the skylands suffered the same problem back then also.
The V2 has much better lume dots, spot on, and also uses C1 superlume apparently. The other change is that the numbers on the dial are much thicker on the V2, which is much closer to the Gen.

The Watch

Opened the back and there is a very clean swiss eta 2836-2, keeping great time. Manually winds like nothing I have felt, extremely smooth.
IMG_9833.jpg

The watch has great presence, at 45mm diameter and a chunky 18mm think, you know you got a watch on. I personally love the weight, gives it a feel of quality. I have a 7.5 inch wrist and feel 45mm is the perfect size for me. (my SA feels slightly too much)
IMG_9859.jpg

Being a brushed and polished in parts case, really brings out the shiny polished parts of the watch. The light looks great as the watch is moved around, shining different parts, especially the polished hands and markers at 12,9,6 and date window.
IMG_9867.jpg

While we all love the Breitling yellow, I wasn't brave enough for that, the Grey I feel is a much more versatile watch. Its a very interesting color because the tone of grey changes a lot with lighting conditions, and straps you have on it. Very hard to show in photos. but here are two pics with it at a lighter shade.

IMG_9880.jpg

IMG_9873.jpg

Caseback is excellent, beautiful engraving, sharp, and polished providing a great contrast with the brushed case. top marks here.

IMG_9862.jpg

The Bracelet

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.. as Dickens said. The bracelet links, the best I have ever had, smooth as silk, move and glide wonderfully and I havent even given it any treatment. With all other bracelets I have had, when I tightened the screws it also tightened the joints, not so with this one. Brushed wonderfully also, Very impressed.

The Clasp on the other hand,.. ****me.... a dogs breakfast. What the hell? barely aligns, is godamn buckled! and screams I'm fake! engraving is ok, but the clasp shape has been mauled, and bent. The flip lock doesn't even close over the gap made for it, how its still functional is a miracle. But this is the rep game, something is always off.

If anyone can help me get a replacement clasp, I will love you!
IMG_9864.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg

Strap Options

If you are going on holiday, and can only take one watch for all ocassions what do you take? My opinion best options are usually sub, planet ocean, seawolf and steelfish on bracelets. These watches look great in a suit, in shorts, and in the pool cause you can takem for a swim, so versatile.

But think the Seawolf has it over the sub when it comes to strap options, this thing looks great on rubber and leather.
On yellow rubber for the sporty diver look (a reverse of yellow dial on black rubber)
IMG_9903.jpg

IMG_9906.jpg

On leather, I have a dark brown leather inbound, which I think will look much better, but I had this handy for the review. Instantly dresses up this otherwise rugged tough watch.
IMG_9907.jpg

IMG_9909.jpg

And to finish it off, the Lumeshot
IMG_9911.jpg

Hope you enjoyed my review, all the best guys.

wildcat

Horology Curious
19/2/13
Great little review. This is the one I want but I've noticed that the prices seem to have jumped from $280 to $400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mballzy

Renowned Member
19/1/12
I believe 400 is fair. Every now and again one will pop on the forum for 360 give or take. Great watch and great pics/ review.

Jj3K

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/10/15
I know this is an old thread, but great review. I just purchased an avenger in an m2m deal so it's good to know other people really enjoy this model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk