• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF will release Blue Ceramic Bathyscaphe very soon.

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
The Rod

One thing to look at is the printing on the ceramic bezel, the centering can be rough. But I've seen pics of the gen that centering isn't perfect either...

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
My TD recommended that I drop this model for now and just order another watch, as he has seen too many bad crowns and not worth the time looking for a decent one. So I took his advice and moved on to another watch.

Then today this was released from GF:

https://puretime.io/fifty-fathoms-b...ail-canvas-strap-a1315-free-rubber-strap.html

something to look forward to...

We've been discussing it on this thread:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/blancpain/7096922-gf-fifty-fathoms-bathyscaphe

Reactions: Bezelover

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Just got mine in..

IMG_20180919_160621683_2.jpg

Will post a full review in the coming days. Some QC issues, but every rep I've owned has QC issues, you learn to live with them at this point! Lol. By rep standards, it's a great example.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Just got mine in..

Will post a full review in the coming days. Some QC issues, but every rep I've owned has QC issues, you learn to live with them at this point! Lol. By rep standards, it's a great example.

Looking forward to it! How big is your wrist? Any daytime shots in the shade?

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
6.75 inches..

This is probably the best fitting diver period. A Rolex submariner wears a little dainty, this is a good middle ground and has nice lines on the case that make it look very masculine but classy and sporty all at the same time..

Reactions: vcappp

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Lots of thoughts on blue watches and divers coming soon...

IMG_20180919_185645181_4.jpg

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Some TD description says the case material of this ZF Blue version is Titanium. Only the bezel is ceramic.

Some TD description says the material is ceramic for both the case body and bezel.

Anyone know? what is true?

Genuine is ceramic for both the case body and bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Some TD description says the case material of this ZF Blue version is Titanium. Only the bezel is ceramic.

Some TD description says the material is ceramic for both the case body and bezel.

Anyone know? what is true?

Genuine is ceramic for both the case body and bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The whole rep is made of ZrO2/ZrC and is even more vulnerable to bumps and desk dives than its black ceramic counterpart (ZrO2 only, same as many rado watches).
What a very high surface hardness, it can barely get any scratches in your daily use, but you can't fix it when it does get some scratches or dings.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Just got mine in..

How about that review? :D

mgberns

Supporter
Certified
10/12/15
Ha, life stuff in the way.

I feel like when it comes to certain replicas, in particular diver watches, it's an injustice to just do a pictoral and compare versus gen pics. The way divers fit across the board vary and words are often needed to get a better viewpoint of a rep or a particular watch brand for that matter. At the end, all reps have flaws, all the movements aren't up to par as their genuine counterparts, however, reps to some extent, and watches in general are more of a fashion statement. They finish off what you present to the world. Regardless if genuine or replica, it's about how it fits with your lifestyle. In particular with divers, the more you try, even though the basic design is the same, you'll clearly see why some are more versatile than others...

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Ha, life stuff in the way.

I feel like when it comes to certain replicas, in particular diver watches, it's an injustice to just do a pictoral and compare versus gen pics. The way divers fit across the board vary and words are often needed to get a better viewpoint of a rep or a particular watch brand for that matter. At the end, all reps have flaws, all the movements aren't up to par as their genuine counterparts, however, reps to some extent, and watches in general are more of a fashion statement. They finish off what you present to the world. Regardless if genuine or replica, it's about how it fits with your lifestyle. In particular with divers, the more you try, even though the basic design is the same, you'll clearly see why some are more versatile than others...

So is this one versatile enough or not? ;)

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
Lovely looking watch, the mix of the blue and the grey ceramic is great. Mine was gaining around 20 seconds a day on the wrist, so I decided to adjust the regulator. I found it odd that when I tried removing the case back, it came away all of a sudden instead of the normal screw off motion like Panerai and Rolex. I do hope no one really thinks of diving in this. I don't know whether they're all the same but the screw on case back isn't a screw on case back on mine. There is a plastic ring fitted around the back inner part of the back, and that is simply a push fit, there is no thread...

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
Lovely looking watch, the mix of the blue and the grey ceramic is great. Mine was gaining around 20 seconds a day on the wrist, so I decided to adjust the regulator. I found it odd that when I tried removing the case back, it came away all of a sudden instead of the normal screw off motion like Panerai and Rolex. I do hope no one really thinks of diving in this. I don't know whether they're all the same but the screw on case back isn't a screw on case back on mine. There is a plastic ring fitted around the back inner part of the back, and that is simply a push fit, there is no thread...

hmm , this is not good

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
hmm , this is not good

Indeed. I have a couple of the Carbotech Pannys, and those have proper threads. I assume the hardnesss of the ceramic on this was just too much for whatever machining they use to create the thread. Whether they are all the same, or some they succeeded with and I've just got one that failed I don't know. But it's presumably part of the 'low yield' issues.