• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mini Rep Vs. Gen BR 01-92

scottie83

21/10/11
Ok guys, since I just got my rep BR 01-92 Carbon and I have a gen BR 01-92SS in my possession, I decided to do a quick rep-v-gen comparison.

Disclaimer - I'm only comparing the shape, size, and engravings as the watches obviously have different finishes and dials. I don't have a caliper to make exact measurements so all of my comparisons are guess-timates. :)

Having said that, you should be able to get a general idea of the differences of the two cases as all 01-92s should have the same size and engravings regardless of finish or dial.

A quick side by side, both cases are the same size width and height. I did have a gen 01-92 carbon in my possession a few weeks back and the pvd finish on the front is pretty accurate.

1-title-pic.jpg

Here's a profile side by side shot. The cases are about the same thickness, but you'll notice the angle towards the back side of the case starts much higher up on the gen. Also, the beveled edge on the part of the case that holds the crystal is much more defined on the gen.

profile-side-by-side1.jpg

Now the lugs. You'll see the lug bar screws are much more centered on the gen and the gen's lugs look thicker and slightly longer.

profile-lugs.jpg

Now the logo on the crown. The & logo is incorrectly shaped on the rep and it seems slightly smaller. The spiked texture of the crown's teeth isn't as defined on the rep.

crown-rep.jpg
crown-gen.jpg

Side view of the crown. Again, the texture on the gen is much cleaner and sharper.

crown-rep_0.jpg
crown-gen_0.jpg

Now to case backs (serial numbers have been blurred to protect the innocent :) )

You'll see the engravings are close, but the font seems slightly taller on the gen. Also on the gen, the text is horizontally centered in each engraved box. The rep looks like it's off center, too close to the top edge of each box. The gen's engravings are also deeper. The most obvious flaws on the rep are the location of the movement screw, the & symbol is shaped incorrectly and it's not centered in the engraved box it's in.

back-side-by-side.jpg

Closer pics of the back. You'll notice it looks like the hex key to remove the lugs would take a larger size on the rep than then gen.

back-rep_0.jpg

back-gen_0.jpg

Closeups of the & symbol on the back.

back-rep.jpg

back-gen.jpg

I'm selling this gen on the gen watch forums, but if anyone wants any other pics, I can try to take them before it sells.

Best,
Scottie

jeanmimi

23/7/11
Nice comparaison

Where do you buy your BR01 ??

I search the same witch caseback screw

artsyguy

15/1/11
thanks for the review! As far as I'm concerned none of these flaws are immediate give aways for even an experienced watch person from a few feet away. It is nice to see what really makes the difference though.

ThinkBachs

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
9/2/09
Always love a great gen-rep review, though I have to admit I was curious about what a mini-rep would look like. :)

plymman

Renowned Member
13/10/10
Looks like a nice quality rep, the flaws are very minor issues that woulnt be onbvious to anyone without an up close inspection. Nice review!