• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New arrival Bell & Ross BR 123 SS Blue

uczmeg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/12/14
UK
I've always been a fan of the round Bell & Ross watches but the replica offerings for these are few and I've never found one that matches what I wanted.

Anyway, some of their recent blue releases got me looking again and whilst I couldn't find an exact match for what I wanted I did find something I liked. Not sure there is a real equivalent, but it takes elements from the BR 123 range.

To that end, I just received one of these:

https://puretimewatch.io/vintage-br1...yota-9015.html

(Although through Marvellous Replica rather than Pure Time)

Very impressed so far (it's been on my wrist for only an hour). Build quality is excellent and it feels just the right weight for a premium watch.

And here it is on my wrist (oops, didn't set the date)...

bF6GS.jpg

Last edited:

uczmeg

8/12/14
UK
I guess it's closest to the BR V2-92 AERONAVALE which prompted my search.

https://www.bellross.com/our-collections/vintage/br-v2/br-v2-92/BR-V2-92-AERONAVALE-SCA

At first glance, they look very similar but it has different hands, a rotating bezel with gold numerals and the numerals and indices on the face are actually applied in a brushed gilt whereas these are lumed liked many other models they do.

Both would have been nice to have, but where it falls down for me (other than the £2300 price ticket that I was half considering) is that it's 41mm and this one is 43mm and I like a bigger watch these days.

There is also a version with similar in details, in a 43mm version but with a small seconds complication that you can still buy which isn't listed on the BR site, but is available from official dealers...

https://www.cwsellors.co.uk/product...brv123-blu-st-scr?_pos=2&_sid=c5a5f42c2&_ss=r

So it's very in between, but lovely.

Reactions: vcappp

TBK

I'm Pretty Popular
11/3/09
EU
Very nice piece you've got there. It's a great watch to play with various straps. Vintage brown crazy horse for example.

uczmeg

8/12/14
UK
Very nice piece you've got there. It's a great watch to play with various straps. Vintage brown crazy horse for example.

Thanks.

Nice call on the crazy horse. I fully intend to play with the straps, but right now I'm like the rubber a lot more than I thought I would!

uczmeg

8/12/14
UK
Nice one! Happy to have helped.

Of course, we can never be in the same room now to avoid those awkward they're wearing the same dress watch as me! :)

Reactions: Belshed

MrElevate

26/2/20
Looks lovely, does the bezel rotate or is it fixed?
Cheers

uczmeg

8/12/14
UK
Looks lovely, does the bezel rotate or is it fixed?
Cheers

As with the BR123 that it is more like, it's a fixed bezel.

Never seen much point in real life for a rotating bezel other than to fiddle with in meetings or get annoyed at when it's not straight!

And if I were diving I wouldn't be using any of my 'good' watches. Not that I've dived for some time :(

MrElevate

26/2/20
Thanks for reply, yes I should have looked at the BR123

I quite like rotating bezel to have a 60 minute timer, useful for not burning the jacket potatoes!

uczmeg

8/12/14
UK
Thanks for reply, yes I should have looked at the BR123

I quite like rotating bezel to have a 60 minute timer, useful for not burning the jacket potatoes!

That's the first practical use I've heard for the bezel! :)

Surely a phone is for everything other than telling the time?

I love chronographs, most of my watches are chronos (and this replica probably would have been one had anyone done a round BR chrono!), but can't remember the last time I ever actually used one on my watch.

MrElevate

26/2/20
That's the first practical use I've heard for the bezel! :)

Surely a phone is for everything other than telling the time?

I love chronographs, most of my watches are chronos (and this replica probably would have been one had anyone done a round BR chrono!), but can't remember the last time I ever actually used one on my watch.

Ha, yes I time everything at the moment, I'm normally wearing a chrono or a dive watch so I can't help myself, how long I've been in the shower, how long I've been waiting for a train....I'm sure the novelty will wear off one day

Bezel is really handy, quick twist to the minute hand and away you go :D

Reactions: uczmeg