• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
I finally have my QC pics of the black ceramic (with modified movement) after waiting a couple of months. Will post them after accepting or if I have any questions, probably at some point tomorrow.

Have you got a video of the functions of the watch which you can post although?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK

Here they are. I do have some concerns. The top right screw looks to be scratched, what do you think? If so, can this be polished using cape cod cloth? I'm guessing it won't damage the ceramic?

The month hand isn't properly aligned with the dot marker for August and Jan looks off as well.

The 26 week marker at the bottom isn't in the middle of the 'Swiss Made' writing. I have seen this on some TD websites but it makes me think that the week dial is maybe rotated slightly to the left.

The brushing looks to be good.

I have had to wait two months to get these pics. I'm not sure if the above points are grounds to reject. There looks to be a shortage of these modified black ceramic versions, who knows how long it could take to get another.

Your opinions would be much appreciated.

Reactions: RepIseek and RepRob

hibee999

20/10/15

Here they are. I do have some concerns. The top right screw looks to be scratched, what do you think? If so, can this be polished using cape cod cloth? I'm guessing it won't damage the ceramic?

The month hand isn't properly aligned with the dot marker for August and Jan looks off as well.

The 26 week marker at the bottom isn't in the middle of the 'Swiss Made' writing. I have seen this on some TD websites but it makes me think that the week dial is maybe rotated slightly to the left.

The brushing looks to be good.

I have had to wait two months to get these pics. I'm not sure if the above points are grounds to reject. There looks to be a shortage of these modified black ceramic versions, who knows how long it could take to get another.

Your opinions would be much appreciated.

Thanks for posting your QC pics - at least this part of the wait is over !

I also have my QC pics in which have similar issues as yours:

- bezel screws look alittle dirty (hopefully not scratched)
- month hand is also slightly misaligned
- 26 week marker on the tachy looks slightly misaligned with the dial

But overall the ceramic and brushing looks great which to me is the most important aspect.

I will accept mine as I can accept a few flaws and this is likely a batch issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NotIansIdea

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Entirely acceptable for me especially nowadays where you could be denied a replacement for such small things.

It looks awesome btw! I love it! Going to chat with my TD today

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Thanks for posting your QC pics - at least this part of the wait is over !

I also have my QC pics in which have similar issues as yours:

- bezel screws look alittle dirty (hopefully not scratched)
- month hand is also slightly misaligned
- 26 week marker on the tachy looks slightly misaligned with the dial

But overall the ceramic and brushing looks great which to me is the most important aspect.

I will accept mine as I can accept a few flaws and this is likely a batch issue.

Yeah for me the case and bracelet are also the main thing. I'm going to speak to my modder and see what he is able to do.

I really wish AP made a ceramic 15500, the more complex the watch the more chances of both QC and mechanical issues.

Reactions: Unknownwatchmaker

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Nice on getting QC pics. From my perspective I doubt you will be able to get better tbh

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

The1stWright

Known Member
2/1/20
Looks pretty good RonP hopefully the modder can work his or her magic on it.

I really want a black ceramic one, but with the raids JTime isn't accepting any new orders.

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I want one! It looks pretty good i must say

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperLory

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Looks pretty good RonP hopefully the modder can work his or her magic on it.

I really want a black ceramic one, but with the raids JTime isn't accepting any new orders.

Oh really? I wasn't aware of them not accepting any more orders. This has pushed me into accepting this piece.

Hopefully they will become available again soon.

Did you ask for the standard version or the one with the modified second hand?

Reactions: NotIansIdea

The1stWright

Known Member
2/1/20
Oh really? I wasn't aware of them not accepting any more orders. This has pushed me into accepting this piece.

Hopefully they will become available again soon.

Did you ask for the standard version or the one with the modified second hand?

My mistake it wasn't JTime but InTime that told me this a few weeks back.

I didn't even get to ask about the modified version before they shut me down.

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Try JTime. They seem to be able to get watches that other TDs cannot.

For your information I have the original Stainless steel release and just got the white ceramic today. The second had on the white ceramic acts like a GMT not seconds like the Stainless Steel.
a bit annoying to say the least.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
For your information I have the original Stainless steel release and just got the white ceramic today. The second had on the white ceramic acts like a GMT not seconds like the Stainless Steel.
a bit annoying to say the least.

That hand is actually meant to be a week indicator, so very slow moving. A GMT hand is therefore better than a continually moving seconds hand which looks very odd compared to the gen.

How is the white ceramic case, does it have a matte or shiny plastic look?

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Hmmm hope someone can share a video of how it looks soon. Interested to see how the hands are working

Last edited:

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
4d5697d5037113ae633a7a45f15e5819.jpg

T

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
That hand is actually meant to be a week indicator, so very slow moving. A GMT hand is therefore better than a continually moving seconds hand which looks very odd compared to the gen.

How is the white ceramic case, does it have a matte or shiny plastic look?

it is definitely not matte but overall nice and does not look like plastic. The crystal is much better than what the stainless steel has i must say. I was told by pure time the black ceramic is now being made by the factory so i will order as well.
its a summer watch but elegant

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
How is the moon disc, well define or kind of blurry?

Agreed the white looks classy and cool! Beauty!

NotIansIdea

Subdial Connoisseur
5/1/22
Disclaimer: I'm a RepTime Redditor; this here is literally my first time posting on RWI.

So this thread has been a fun, confusing soap opera! I especially liked the season 1 villain, he came outta left field!

I just messaged Jtime on Whatsapp to see if they're accepting orders for the "Black Ceramic APSF Audemars Piguet Royal Oak Perpetual Calendar V2 with GMT Function" (this is verbatim what I typed out to Li... that's a heck of a mouthful), so we'll see if they're still accepting orders. I've been following this watch since it was originally announced, and boy oh boy did I think this was all smoke and mirrors. Seeing acceptable QC's has pushed me over the edge to actually do a deep dive in research and commit to ordering one (if we still can).

I'll post an update here on whether or not Jtime is accepting orders for it and if I get any other updated info on shipping, factory delays, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: RepRob