Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ap new perpetual calendar rep?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Still waiting for the Roos to become available.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Recklays View Post
      But it's extremely glossy the Gen is almost total matte

      Comment


        Hi guys

        I have always been interested in a AP perpetual calendar. The APSF factory effort is OK but (once again) the large hand is used for seconds and not weeks (as per gen).

        What about the new BF factory version? E.g. https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=23404 Does anyone know what this is all about?

        DJ

        Comment


          Originally posted by Dj3381 View Post
          Hi guys

          I have always been interested in a AP perpetual calendar. The APSF factory effort is OK but (once again) the large hand is used for seconds and not weeks (as per gen).

          What about the new BF factory version? E.g. https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=23404 Does anyone know what this is all about?

          DJ
          Interesting find. It seems they added the extra hand in the 12 o'clock sub dial for the quarterly month indicator. Also, the week indicator does not appear to be moving in the pictures. Could either be they didn't wind the watch before pictures or this has a fixed or working week indicator. Too bad about the 12.5mm thickness. Maybe a movement swap into the APSF case?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Dj3381 View Post
            Hi guys

            I have always been interested in a AP perpetual calendar. The APSF factory effort is OK but (once again) the large hand is used for seconds and not weeks (as per gen).

            What about the new BF factory version? E.g. https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=23404 Does anyone know what this is all about?

            DJ
            My god that thickness.

            Comment


              Originally posted by tangokilo View Post

              Interesting find. It seems they added the extra hand in the 12 o'clock sub dial for the quarterly month indicator. Also, the week indicator does not appear to be moving in the pictures. Could either be they didn't wind the watch before pictures or this has a fixed or working week indicator. Too bad about the 12.5mm thickness. Maybe a movement swap into the APSF case?
              Thanks tangokilo Indeed. The 12.5mm thickness makes it a no-go. A movement swap could be an option but, again, the thickness issue will remain even with a APSF case. And if you want the gold version (as I do) then thinning might not be an option. I had Slaughterer thin my 15400 (SS) but a RG one? Has anyone done it?

              Comment


                Originally posted by Dj3381 View Post

                Thanks tangokilo Indeed. The 12.5mm thickness makes it a no-go. A movement swap could be an option but, again, the thickness issue will remain even with a APSF case. And if you want the gold version (as I do) then thinning might not be an option. I had Slaughterer thin my 15400 (SS) but a RG one? Has anyone done it?
                I’ve thinned JF 15400s to about 9.8-9.9mm. No issues.


                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by legend View Post

                  I’ve thinned JF 15400s to about 9.8-9.9mm. No issues.


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Thanks legend . Yes, but have you thinned RG 15400s?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Dj3381 View Post

                    Thanks legend . Yes, but have you thinned RG 15400s?
                    I’m sorry I meant to say RG 15400 from JF. My bad for missing the crucial information out.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday.

                    Comment


                      It's fucked sadly.
                      https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=23400
                      Here you can see the week indicator does everything but indicating the week.
                      The bezel is way too thick and the inner ring as well. You'd probably not only have to thin down the case but also the inner weekring. I'm no Modder myself but that seems almost impossible. But why is it so thick? Doesn't is use the same movement? Maybe we wait on more APSf releases.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by bleedinglottery View Post
                        It's fucked sadly.
                        https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=23400
                        Here you can see the week indicator does everything but indicating the week.
                        The bezel is way too thick and the inner ring as well. You'd probably not only have to thin down the case but also the inner weekring. I'm no Modder myself but that seems almost impossible. But why is it so thick? Doesn't is use the same movement? Maybe we wait on more APSf releases.
                        I agree.... unfortunately....

                        Comment


                          This thread is becoming confusing as you guys are talking about two different factories. This started with APS and some links show the BP….


                          Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Swiss_goupil View Post
                            This thread is becoming confusing as you guys are talking about two different factories. This started with APS and some links show the BP….


                            Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Let it be, can be a consolidated perpetual calendar rep thread discussing the various models. I don’t see it as an overly popular model so if anyone takes time to look at the links posted he will be able to differentiate them.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday.

                            Comment


                              Still waiting for the NWBIG version of this.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Falacer View Post
                                Still waiting for the NWBIG version of this.
                                You’ll be waiting forever then I think

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X