• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BF 15202

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Just spotted this upcoming release from BF.

Glad to see the green dial version being repped.

ZS8z3c.jpg

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
So worse than JF/ZF/XF but better than shitters?

What's up with the blue dial then the blue and black sunburst dial? Does the blue/black even exist lol

I think black dial is fantasy.

I could ask for the others colors pictures.

In term of finish at 1st view I would say ZF/JF/XF are superior.

Might get one anyway low mid high tier lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Lariram

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Green suburst looks nice, inaccurate but nice, however the hour markers (and pretty much everything else) look like shit unfortunately.
ZSr3RP.jpg

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Any more details, such as specifications, price, movement used and which of our Trusted Dealers has this available. Definitely needs a closer look/review.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Pics look decent (mid range) but need some real life pics. The hand base looks big like ZF

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Any more details, such as specifications, price, movement used and which of our Trusted Dealers has this available. Definitely needs a closer look/review.

Movement will 99% be a modified miyota decorated to look like a cal. 2121.
I agree with you that this range of release has potential but it’ll be nice to see what the watches look like in person before commenting further.

General statement:

We should be happy that the rep makers have taken a first step toward the release of the new APs rather than filling the thread with the usual complaints. It’s totally easy to say this or that looks like crap but one can always get the gen, start his own production, or just avoid purchasing this completely and buy something which is acceptable. Of course the replica will not be perfect but let each one decide what he can or cannot live with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Will ask for more details and pictures.

I'm curious to see the salmon dial color as well.

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
Movement will 99% be a modified miyota decorated to look like a cal. 2121.
I agree with you that this range of release has potential but it’ll be nice to see what the watches look like in person before commenting further.

General statement:

We should be happy that the rep makers have taken a first step toward the release of the new APs rather than filling the thread with the usual complaints. It’s totally easy to say this or that looks like crap but one can always get the gen, start his own production, or just avoid purchasing this completely and buy something which is acceptable. Of course the replica will not be perfect but let each one decide what he can or cannot live with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well said...being a critic is easy. Even if it were 100% to spec, there would be unhappy people. It’s not to everyone’s taste.

Sent from the RWI App

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well said...being a critic is easy. Even if it were 100% to spec, there would be unhappy people. It’s not to everyone’s taste.

Sent from the RWI App

You are one of the few who get it. Each time a new rep is released, you get the armchair critics or "experts" who start to look at the pics and pick on the perceived flaws, and start pronouncing it as a "good" or "mid range" rep or whatever. All subjective comments. Not right or wrong, merely subjective. 10 people making the same subjective comment does not qualify it as a fact. For me there are only 2 categories of watches: gens and reps. All non-gens fall into the latter category, from the $50 DHgate model to the $6000 frankens. I personally do not sub-divide the reps into more categories or ranks nor subscribe to "consensus" or majority opinions, because there is only one true benchmark and that is the gen. Not the JF or ZF or whatever. Some reps are better built than others for sure, but as long as the owner is happy with it, and can pull it off in real life, it is a good rep.
And yes, even if the pics look spot on, someone will still have something to say. My personal rule for replica is that if you like it, buy it and enjoy it. Don't worry about "closeness to gen", because it will never be a gen. All opinions are welcome, but I don't get it when someone starts belitting or laughing at a supposedly "inferior" release just because they own a "superior" build. Unless one owns the gen, it is always the case of the guy with one eye laughing at the blind one.
I like all types of watch owners to be able to enjoy their watches regardless of what it is. Mod it if it makes you feel better about it. Wear it stock if that's what pleases you. Buy a "cheapie" if you see the novelty value of the watch. And always appreciate a new release. The AP diver took 10 iterations and many years for it to become a high quality watch (for the price, not the accuracy vs gen). Why be so quick to judge a release nobody has even held in the hand yet?
Each time I see a new release being described as "shitty" or "crappy", I think that the person doing it should go get the gen instead, or start his own factory to produce one. These are watches priced at $500 or so.. if they have to be judged, then judge them on how much they cost vs what one gets for that money. The price is not 1:1, so how can the watch be, logically?

If the watch is not to one's liking, then don't buy it. Stay away. But be constructive about the comments unless one thinks that he can do better than the rep factory concerned. If that is the case, then he should be the one producing the replica for everyone else here to criticize, as criticizing is the much much easier job. Any fool can do it.

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
I was quoted 368usd for this piece so will probably be in that ball park when it’s listed.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

BreitlingBoi

Horology Curious
24/10/19
CONUS

Never handled the genuine before so I won’t pass judgement on accuracy to genuine. This is a really good looking green sunburst. I like the way this looks. For the right enthusiast of AP this will be a good watch.

It will also put pressure on other makers to make a watch that’s at least better than this one. Competition is good. The more makers of a single model of watch the better. Just look what happened to the submariner market. Heck even GMF makes one of those now.

Sure, the submariner is one of the more popular models but it illustrates the point nicely. I’d rather have 5 makers making a certain model of watch, than only 1 maker.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Never handled the genuine before so I won’t pass judgement on accuracy to genuine. This is a really good looking green sunburst. I like the way this looks. For the right enthusiast of AP this will be a good watch.

It will also put pressure on other makers to make a watch that’s at least better than this one. Competition is good. The more makers of a single model of watch the better. Just look what happened to the submariner market. Heck even GMF makes one of those now.

Sure, the submariner is one of the more popular models but it illustrates the point nicely. I’d rather have 5 makers making a certain model of watch, than only 1 maker.

I like the way the rep looks too and I appreciate the pics being shared.
I am guessing it will cost $500 or so, and for that money, it is a lot of watch one is getting for that money.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I'm in love

This little factory also released a perpetual calendar AP on green dial

Z03lbF.jpg

Z03QX5.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KOT1917