• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 - XF or JF ?

davideguffanti

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/3/20
The problem is that the topic (look at the title of the thread) is not being discussed. If you want to discuss how a 15500 fits your wrist, then start a thread on that subject. That is how the forum works.

I agree with that, sorry there was a misunderstanding

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
The problem is that the topic (look at the title of the thread) is not being discussed. If you want to discuss how a 15500 fits your wrist, then start a thread on that subject. That is how the forum works.

True but it was at a heat of the moments that it track detrailed abit Hahahaha

Thx for your patience.

ron, many thx ! Love those pics mate! We need to stay on track. Smile

Downtown85

Looking Around
18/9/15

This forum doesn't work. That's the problem. Discussion is so overly moderated that seemingly innocuous comments and questions are met with weird snobby responses- it scares folks off.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
This forum doesn't work. That's the problem. Discussion is so overly moderated that seemingly innocuous comments and questions are met with weird snobby responses- it scares folks off.

Don't, just don't. Where is discussion overly moderated on here? And even if it was, which it isn't at all, how would you know with just two posts in 5 years. So please knock it off, or if you don't like it so much on here, do you want me to help you find the door?

Reactions: jasonbaylee

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Q., There is nothing wrong with "over" moderation. Its just supply and demand. Speaking in terms of geography, at this moment, some places are hot like 40-50, others are still close to freezing or even lower. And then there are the mediterranian climes, which are pleasant throughout the year. One can choose where to live, if they can, but can one choose to control the climate? There is nothing wrong complaining about the climate either.

Reactions: QueTip

Ekwity

27/2/20
Nunya
This. Back to topic now guys.

LOL. Thanks for the pics Ron. I’m still having trouble deciding. I can’t deal with the indencies lume on the 15202, and IMHO the 15500 is big man

Gameplan:
Wait until end of month, supposedly XF has some new news, hopefully it’s about this watch. If not I’m copping the 15500

Reactions: jasonbaylee

Downtown85

Looking Around
18/9/15
I have a 15202 on order from a local guy who said that XF has updated the bezel and screws of the 15202. More info coming, he said.

JERhoudin

Certified
13/5/16
I received this pic from Andrew at TrustyTime with an ETA of 5/23/2020 for the new release from XF. He also mentioned a salmon dial coming, which we've seen some prototype pics of in another thread.

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
i heard end of the month for both,gonna get the gold face unless they knock it out the park with the updated blue face

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
I received this pic from Andrew at TrustyTime with an ETA of 5/23/2020 for the new release from XF. He also mentioned a salmon dial coming, which we've seen some prototype pics of in another thread.

if you can get this exact one for 600 usd please order a full batch for me. ;-)

JERhoudin

Certified
13/5/16
if you can get this exact one for 600 usd please order a full batch for me. ;-)
Cautiously optimistic... they're always just pics until it's on the wrist!

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

roadtofreedom

Renowned Member
26/12/18
Yes, ZF is the best 15500 maker. JF don't make the 15500, only the 15400. From what I've read ZF makes the best 15400 as well.

Go for the 15500, it's more modern looking and then you can add a traditional 15202 later when a better rep comes out.

AP XF152020 is one of the reps more closest to gen out there

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

The dial looks darker around the edges, I prefer the original stainless case/bracelet over this black stainless look. I'll wait for the salmon (pink gold tone) dial.

JERhoudin

Certified
13/5/16
The dial looks darker around the edges, I prefer the original stainless case/bracelet over this black stainless look. I'll wait for the salmon (pink gold tone) dial.
I wouldn't put too much stock in these early photos. The stainless steel bracelet will most likely look identical to the previous model, unless they are going for the boutique exclusive ref. 15202IP.OO.1240IP.01 which has a titanium bracelet.
Keep in mind with the pink gold dial, which was the closest to what I saw in the 'salmon' preview photos, that sports an 18 carat white gold bracelet, which is why it's over $55K. For the sake of accuracy I'd rather go for one of the stainless steel models.
In any case I just hope they get the lume to match. The last version was otherwise a glorious watch.

Reactions: gilrob

Ekwity

27/2/20
Nunya

Damn I hope that’s true. Hour markers look better

Redjack2k

8/3/19
USA
While this looks pretty darn good I'm leery as the pinion/hand base looks good...too good to be true. Was this a prototype pic from XF to the TD?

If it's true indeed...I just sunk a wad of cash towards modding my XF V1!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ekwity

27/2/20
Nunya
It’s only one picture so can’t judge too much. I might be the guinea pig and get the V2 when it comes out.
even on trustys website the V1 QC/website pics look like the hour marker lume is fine when obviously that’s not the case. Just going to take a shot and hope it’s better with V2

Ekwity

27/2/20
Nunya
I wouldn't put too much stock in these early photos. The stainless steel bracelet will most likely look identical to the previous model, unless they are going for the boutique exclusive ref. 15202IP.OO.1240IP.01 which has a titanium bracelet.
Keep in mind with the pink gold dial, which was the closest to what I saw in the 'salmon' preview photos, that sports an 18 carat white gold bracelet, which is why it's over $55K. For the sake of accuracy I'd rather go for one of the stainless steel models.
In any case I just hope they get the lume to match. The last version was otherwise a glorious watch.

Agreed. The lume IMO is a deal breaker, it cheapens it. Hopefully there’s a fix