• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 26331 best replica in your opinion

cowboyxx2000

Horology Curious
29/3/20
Hello to everyone. Hope you all are safe.
I am looking to build a superfranken 26331. In your opinion which is the best "base" to start with. I am looking something with working chrono, exact measures ecc.
Thanks for your help.
Claudio

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend I have a gen Ap Bracelet and the 26331 panda dial available gen also.

Not a bad start but you’ll need more to build a superfranken, like gen hands and a movement to work with the gen dial, as well as plenty of casework. I think it’s a challenging project to complete but I can imagine the satisfaction of getting this build done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silvereagle77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/20
legend Yeah I think aside from many other factors, one big factor is the thickness of the caseback (gen is very thin compared to the replicas currently being made). Because they haven't made a clone of the 26331 movement yet, the A7750 is still being used and the movement is quite thick. I think they used it for Daytonas for a while, and the thickness was probably the biggest issue many replica buyers had. I think i saw someone use a gen cartier movement (you'd have to look at some of the posts) but I believe that movement might be a good one as long as it's not too thick. The 26331 is also closed caseback so it wouldn't matter.

I am a little curious though if the clone 4130 would be able to fit into a replica 26331. (I'm not a replica expert, so I am not sure if this is even viable). There would be many factors to consider into retrofitting this, if it's even possible.

Reactions: Rolemars and legend

cowboyxx2000

Horology Curious
29/3/20
legend Yeah I think aside from many other factors, one big factor is the thickness of the caseback (gen is very thin compared to the replicas currently being made). Because they haven't made a clone of the 26331 movement yet, the A7750 is still being used and the movement is quite thick. I think they used it for Daytonas for a while, and the thickness was probably the biggest issue many replica buyers had. I think i saw someone use a gen cartier movement (you'd have to look at some of the posts) but I believe that movement might be a good one as long as it's not too thick. The 26331 is also closed caseback so it wouldn't matter.

I am a little curious though if the clone 4130 would be able to fit into a replica 26331. (I'm not a replica expert, so I am not sure if this is even viable). There would be many factors to consider into retrofitting this, if it's even possible.

That's my question.
Any ideas on the best (in terms of measures and quality) in your opinion?

Silvereagle77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/20
There's someone in this forum that made fitted a 26331 from a cartier movement - look for the thread.

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
There's someone in this forum that made fitted a 26331 from a cartier movement - look for the thread.

There are few of frankens out there since they use the same movement and donor watch is relatively cheap that's why it makes i guess.