• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Rubens...

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
V2, I think so. The datewheel has the old DW font.

Last edited:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Just saw these also. I emailed Puretime with a question since I noticed there is something different with one of the versions.

Look at the blue dial and silver dial rose gold versions and scroll to pics of the movement. It's decorated. Now look at the skeleton dial and scroll to the pics of the movement and it is not decorated.

Not sure what's the deal with that. I'll let you know what Puretime says but it just seems odd that two have the decorated movement and one does not.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Has anyone noticed what I mentioned about the movements? Would be interested to know if anyone has seen these three advertised on any other TDs websites. I checked a couple and did not see them. They only appear to be on PureTime for now.

I'm still waiting to hear back from them about the different movement in the stainless skeleton white dial version.

Tempo

I'm Pretty Popular
10/2/13
Just saw these on perfect clones (Non-TD on RWI) website. And the movement on all 3 versions there are decorated.
But I have no idea if that's true. We have to wait what Puretime says.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Very interesting thank you for that information Tempo. Hopefully tomorrow Jennifer will respond.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Also interestingly on perfect clones they are listed as ARF, or an ARF and JF remake? I'm not quite sure what is going on with these.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just saw these also. I emailed Puretime with a question since I noticed there is something different with one of the versions.

Look at the blue dial and silver dial rose gold versions and scroll to pics of the movement. It's decorated. Now look at the skeleton dial and scroll to the pics of the movement and it is not decorated.

Not sure what's the deal with that. I'll let you know what Puretime says but it just seems odd that two have the decorated movement and one does not.

Looking at these RB2,

These are updated with the cyclop apparently, and also, decorated movement, which are useless because these are closed caseback models and also, they used the wrong movement decoration. What a lot of guys do not realize, is that the AP used the 2326/2840 movement and not the 3126/3840 movement. Rotor is definitely completely wrong. This is what a 2326 caliber and rotor looks like:
2326-2840-50.png

Don't worry about the decoration, these are closed caseback models and it won't matter if they engrave Mickey Mouse boxing Donald Duck on the movement plates.
Also, slaughterer62 produced a very nice dial decoration plate for these, and it is very good for this model.

Last edited:
Reactions: Allure

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Looking at these RB2,

These are updated with the cyclop apparently, and also, decorated movement, which are useless because these are closed caseback models and also, they used the wrong movement decoration. What a lot of guys do not realize, is that the AP used the 2326/2840 movement and not the 3126/3840 movement. Rotor is definitely completely wrong. This is what a 2326 caliber and rotor looks like:
2326-2840-50.png

Don't worry about the decoration, these are closed caseback models and it won't matter if they engrave Mickey Mouse boxing Donald Duck on the movement plates.
Also, slaughterer62 produced a very nice dial decoration plate for these, and it is very good for this model.

Hi legend thank you for the insights. I agree the decorated movement does not matter since it's closed case back, I just thought it was odd two have it and one did not. Very good insight about the correct movement on these as well.

I also heard back from Jennifer and she said that none of these RB2's are available. Also strange considering they just posted them as new arrivals on 11 January.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The factories are probably shutting down for CNY and hence the "convenient" reply..
My guess regarding your concern is that all 3 will have the same movement and decoration, but the pics taken for the RG model may have omitted the decoration for some weird reason.
Given the economy of production, it will not make sense for any one of these movements to look different from the others.

PallMall

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
16/9/14
Is it 44mm? Official AP web stated as 42mm. And why not titanium? Or there was steel batch :) ?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Heard back from two other TDs that they have availability of the RB2s. They don't have pics of the open case back on their website and one said they won't open it. Waiting on response from the other one.

I know it does not matter since it's closed case back but it bothers me to know they possibly cut corners on one version. Will post when I hear back.

Reactions: diamant

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Heard back from two other TDs that they have availability of the RB2s. They don't have pics of the open case back on their website and one said they won't open it. Waiting on response from the other one.

I know it does not matter since it's closed case back but it bothers me to know they possibly cut corners on one version. Will post when I hear back.

Hi TK honestly, whether a movement is decorated with the wrong movement, or not decorated at all cease to matter when it is a closed caseback and all the movements are identical. If you want to speak of "cutting corners", there are a lot of details which are visually wrong as well, like the fact that the datewheel font is wrong for a 2326 cal. The dial decoration is also inaccurate vs gen. Usual flaws like case thickness, and date window position exist as well. You need to understand that even if the factory decorates this rep with the correct 2326 cal, it will have exactly 0% impact on the visual accuracy of the watch.
This is the main reason why the 15706 FC diver is more popular than the 15707 one; because it has a closed caseback vs the open caseback of the 15707 ceramic diver. I will be happy that the RB2 is a closed caseback instead of an open one. The entire movement is off, and it will make no sense to base any purchase decision on whether it is decorated with the wrong movement or not.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Is it 44mm? Official AP web stated as 42mm. And why not titanium? Or there was steel batch :) ?

The Rubens Barrichello I offshore was offered in a steel case

The RB2 has 3 variants: titanium, rose gold and platinum.

The RB3 is a rose gold with red dial, and similar to the RB2 RG model but with a different dial color.

So technically there is a steel Rubens Barrichello, but not for the II and III.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
RB2 is definitely 42 mm. The need to update the TD dimension specs.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
The Rubens Barrichello I offshore was offered in a steel case

The RB2 has 3 variants: titanium, rose gold and platinum.

The RB3 is a rose gold with red dial, and similar to the RB2 RG model but with a different dial color.

So technically there is a steel Rubens Barrichello, but not for the II and III.

I respectfully disagree. None of the RB were offered in steel. Even the RB I Rubberclad is Titanium.

RB2:
1000 in grade 5 Titanium
500 in Rose gold
150 in Platinum

RB3: rose gold AND titanium accents with Red dial.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I just noticed TDs are listing the black dial Titanium version in steel. I’d be shocked if JF made the V2 in steel. They made the V1 in correct Titanium so I’m sure V2 is in Titanium also. RG and blue dial platinum was made steel for weight.

I’m sure PT and other TDs can verify.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I respectfully disagree. None of the RB were offered in steel. Even the RB I Rubberclad is Titanium.

RB2:
1000 in grade 5 Titanium
500 in Rose gold
150 in Platinum

RB3: rose gold AND titanium accents with Red dial.

Thank you for the correction. You are right and I remembered wrong.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
Thank you for the correction. You are right and I remembered wrong.

No worries brother. I’m no expert on other Offshores...I just have a weakness for the RB and Montoya :)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
No worries brother. I’m no expert on other Offshores...I just have a weakness for the RB and Montoya :)

Speaking on Montoyas, there seems to be no stainless steel models too right? Titanium, RG and Platinum again?
I am seeing a pattern here, no stainless steel models for race inspired models at all like the RB, the Montoya, the GP series..
Thanks for pointing this out bro, I appreciate it.